What is a Human Resources Liaison?
A Human Resources liaison is someone within a department who is appointed by their Dean, Department Head, Director or Vice Chancellor to act as the communication link between the Human Resources department and their own department. There will also be different departments (i.e., Budget, Payroll) who will attend meetings to share their own department specific information with liaisons.
HR Liaisons Quarterly Meeting Notes and Handouts
They attend quarterly meetings where they will:
- learn about any changes with forms or procedures on campus
- find out dates and deadlines for events (performance reviews, benefits open enrollment, merit increases, training sessions, etc.)
- listen to information presented by H.R. and other departments
- take back information to their own departments
- bring problems or concerns from departments to be discussed with H.R. staff
- share ideas, solutions or obstacles in their positions with other H.R. liaisons
- act as the point person within a department for H.R. to contact with questions or to relay information
- occasionally attend monthly round table sessions with H.R. to help generate ideas, address concerns and work with other liaisons
- should present information at their staff meetings that has been given to them to disseminate within their department
- ensure that newly hired employees within their department are signed-up for a new hire meeting and orientation session
Downloadable Forms All of the forms you know and love (and need right now).
HR Liaison Contact List November 2013