Looking to track your steps? Stop by Human Resources (Mary Reed Building, room 403) to pick up a free pedometer. America On The Move has great resources for tracking and increasing your steps.
Click on the route for a printable version.
1/2 Mile Route
1 Mile Routes (Average walking time: 12-15 minutes/mile)
2 Mile Route
Or create and track your own route.
Tips to add walking (or other fitness activites) in your daily Schedule
1. Whenever possible make it a habit to take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
2. Park in the furthest away parking spot when driving to work or running errands. It may not seem like much but the distance adds ups.
3. Hold walking meetings if possible - use the routes above.
4. Set manageable fitness or health goals for you to work toward.
5. Be active or workout with a friend to hold both yourself and your friend accountable for one another.
6. Aim for at least 30 minutes of activity everyday – this does not have to be done all at once, increments (e.g. three 10 minute activities) are fine if that fits better into your personal schedule.
Information provided courtesy of students from DU's Wellness Living & Learning Community.