Loan Deferment and Forbearance
The following forms are available for your use. Document formats are listed for each form. Any documents in .pdf format can be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Most of the .pdf format forms are interactive and can be filled out online. All forms require original signatures and must be mailed or returned to the Bursar's Office.
Perkins Loan borrowers are eligible for deferment of their student loan payments for a variety of reasons, Financial, Military or In School to name a few. Financial deferments have a maximum time limit of 3 years or 36 months. Eligibility criteria must be met for each deferment. Interest does not accrue during the deferment period.
Forbearance is a stoppage of student loan payments for financial reasons. This option is typically used when borrowers are not eligible for financial deferments. The maximum time limit is 3 years or 36 months and interest will continue to accrue on the loan during the forbearance period.
Loan Services & Collections Forms
- NDSL/Perkins Exit Counseling Handbook (.pdf)
- Request for Economic Hardship (.pdf)
- Request for Unemployment Deferment (.pdf)
- Request for Forbearance Form (.pdf)
- Request for In-School Deferment (.pdf)
- Request for Graduate Fellowship Deferment (.pdf)
- Request for Military Service and Post Active Duty Deferment (.pdf)
- Request for Rehabilitation Training Program Deferment (.pdf)
- Request for Cancellation(Teacher, Law Enforcement, Family Service, etc) (.pdf)
- Request for Cancer Treatment Deferment (.pdf)
Perkins Loan Total and Permanent Disability Discharge
You will be redirected to the Federal Student Aid website to apply