Save the Date! RSVP for A Community Table: Election Edition
Sponsored by DUGC in partnership with DU DialogUes, ODEI & C+V
As this divisive election cycle ends, we need space to listen, share, and build community now more than ever. Between November 10th and December 11th, we invite you to join us for A Community Table: Election Edition, an initiative for small groups to come together, regroup, process, and reimagine our future. We want to support you in building spaces with your friends, colleagues and relatives as we accept the election results and imagine our hopes for the world in 2021.
In partnership with DU DialogUes, The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and Community + Values, DU Grand Challenges provides the tools (sample invitations, conversation guides, facilitation training webinars, and more) that you need to host a conversation. You choose when, on what platform, and with whom to have that conversation. It's that simple.
What do we hope to accomplish with A Community Table: Election Edition? We have three overarching goals:
- Foster rich civic community conversations
- Provide the tools and support for members of the DU community to host conversations
- Deepen relationships and build community as we head into the new year
Interested? Here’s how to get involved:
- Attend the DU Grand Challenges Forum, Beyond Elections: Deliberation & Action for the Public Good, on November 10th from 4pm-5:30pm to kick-off the month of conversations.
- RSVP to participate or host your own table (below)
Expect a follow-up from us soon with more information on hosting a conversation and additional ways to participate.
We look forward to engaging with you all soon!
* Please note, the link below serves as an RSVP for A Community Table: Election Edition. This is not a full registration link. You will receive more information in the coming days about how to participate in/host a table.
A Community Table is modeled after The Chicago Community Trust's On The Table event. We offer our sincere thanks to the Trust for their encouragement and support for replicating their model.