Further Your Education
Have you received a bachelor's degree and want to continue your education without committing to a program? Perhaps you'd like to:
- Try before you buy – explore a program before submitting a formal application
- Take a specific course that would bolster your professional development or serve as a prerequisite for another program
- Expand your mind and grow personally
We offer non-degree registration for individuals interested in taking post-graduate coursework. You're welcome to explore our 120 graduate programs and select up to three courses that spark your interest.
Preparing to Enroll
All non-degree applicants who have earned a bachelor's degree must apply for non-degree courses through the Office of Graduate Education to enroll in either undergraduate or graduate-level courses. Additionally, non-native English speakers must follow standard graduate admission requirements to demonstrate proof of English language proficiency. Non-degree students must apply each term.
Policies & Procedures
- Admission as a non-degree student does not guarantee admission to a University of Denver graduate degree program. If the student subsequently wishes to undertake a degree program at the University of Denver, the regular application procedures must be followed, including the submission of the required application fee.
- Students can take a maximum of three non-degree courses. After three courses, students must apply to a degree-seeking program or indicate on the non-degree application that they wish to continue courses for personal growth only.
- No more than three courses earned as a non-degree student may be applied to the degree. All non-degree coursework must be approved for transfer into a degree-seeking program.
- Courses with the attribute: DU@2U Distance Program are not eligible for non-degree registration.
- Note that not all academic units permit non-degree students to register for their courses.
The process for enrolling as a non-degree student is completely electronic and must be completed in one sitting. The electronic process requires all documentation to be uploaded before submitting the request form. Please gather all the necessary documentation listed below before completing the electronic request form.
- Review policies and restrictions above.
- Acquire a copy of your bachelor’s degree transcript or degree certificate/diploma.*
- Non-native English speakers: acquire proof of English language proficiency.**
- Complete Non-degree Registration Request Form.
- Upload supporting documentation.
- Submit the completed request form.
*Bachelor’s degree transcript or degree certificate/diploma is required for all non-degree registration requests.
** Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or C1 Advanced are required of all graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship status, whose native language is not English or who have been educated in countries where English is not the native language. Applications will not be processed until the required TOEFL, IELTS or C1 Advanced score is received. The TOEFL, IELTS and C1 Advanced scores are valid for two years from the test date and are considered official only when received directly from the testing agency. Learn more.
The registration form typically opens in the sixth week of the preceding quarter, but this may vary by program. Please contact the appropriate office for specific registration information.
- Winter Quarter 2022 Registration
- Open: October 18, 2021
- Close: January 9, 2022
- Spring Quarter 2022 Registration
- Open: February 7, 2022
- Close: April 3, 2022
- Winter Quarter 2022 Registration
Academic Unit Contact Information
Contact the appropriate admissions office with questions:
- Daniels College of Business Graduate Admissions Office: 2101 S. University Blvd., Suite 255 Denver, CO 80208│firstname.lastname@example.org │Phone: 303-871-3416
- Graduate School of Social Work Office of Admission: 2148 S. High Street Denver, CO 80208│email@example.com│Phone: 303-871-2841
- Sturm College of Law and Graduate Tax Program: 2255 E. Evans Ave Ste. 235-B Denver, CO 80208│firstname.lastname@example.org│Phone: 303-871-6138
- University College Registration: Office 2211 S. Josephine St. Denver, CO 80208│email@example.com│Phone: 303-871-2291
- All Other Programs: Office of Graduate Education Mary Reed, Room 5 2199 S. University Blvd. Denver, CO 80208-4802│firstname.lastname@example.org│Phone: 303-871-2706
Non-degree students are not eligible for federal financial aid. However, our Office of Financial Aid can help you find private scholarships. View our fees and tuition rates here.
Postdoctoral Study at DU
If you’re a faculty member at another institution, you can enroll as a visiting scholar and pursue postdoctoral study. Visiting scholars neither pay tuition nor earn credits for their classes. To earn graduate credits, you’d need to enroll as a non-degree student.