March 23, 2020: Admitted Student COVID-19 Announcement
Dear Admitted Graduate Students,
Congratulations on being admitted to the University of Denver!
As you may be aware, due to the ongoing global situation caused by the outbreak and spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), like many other universities around the world, the University of Denver has suspended in-person instruction and is moving to a distance learning model for the remainder of the Spring 2020 term. You might be concerned about how these changes will impact your experience as an admitted student. DU is closely monitoring this ever-changing situation and developing contingency plans to maintain all business functions and support the well-being of all DU community members.
In response to COVID-19:
- DU, public health officials, and government agencies are responding in real-time. We will continue to re-evaluate and update contingency plans as needed. Please review DU’s COVID-19 website for ongoing updates to frequently asked questions and other important information.
- In conjunction with our distance learning model, on-campus events and activities have been postponed until further notice or moved to a virtual platform. This includes campus visits and admitted student events. Many academic units are offering virtual events and virtual advising sessions for admitted students. Visit your unit’s website to see what virtual events are being offered.
- Currently, courses for the fall and summer terms are scheduled to begin as planned. You will receive a direct email regarding any new developments of instruction modality for future terms.
- DU is offering virtual engagement opportunities for admitted students to learn more about graduate student resources at the University. Our upcoming webinars will address graduate financial aid. Registration Closed.
- In addition to the COVID-19 website, all relevant information for graduate students will be shared on the DU Graduate Life Twitter and Instagram accounts. Follow us on social media for timely updates.
- New student resources and new student checklists for a seamless transition to graduate life at DU, can be found on the Office of Graduate Education website.
Please contact your academic unit with any questions, concerns, or difficulties you may have. We are committed to supporting all students during this time of uncertainty. Our staff and faculty are excited to welcome you to the DU community. In the meantime please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Interim Associate Provost for Graduate Education
University of Denver
(303) 871-2706 | email@example.com