New Graduate Student Checklists
Action Items and Recommendations for Acclimation
Easily maneuver through your graduate experience with new student checklists provided by the expert staff at the Office of Graduate Education. Our comprehensive checklists allow you to complete essential pre- and post-arrival actions for a seamless transition to graduate life at DU. We also offer specific guidance for international students on this page.
Additional Actions for International Students
Before you arrive on campus, you must complete these requirements to ensure your readiness to join DU's global community.
- Review International Student Pre-arrival newsletter
- Submit I-20/DS-2019 required documents
- Apply for F1 or J1 visa
- Submit Transfer Eligibility Form (current F1 holders)
- Book travel to Denver
- Secure housing accommodations
- Research payment options, including wire transfer from home country to DU
- Attend International Student Orientation
- Complete Immigration Check-In