IT PMO Summary
The Project Management Office (PMO) in the IT division serves as the primary point of contact for all technology related project requests. Our PMO was established in 2018 and includes two project managers and one project manager intern. We focus on prioritized projects and utilize our resources to the best of our ability. Please email IT.PMO@du.edu with any inquiries or scroll to the bottom to submit an IT project request.
IT PMO Mission Statement
To serve as a liaison between IT and the DU community, provide centralized tracking of technology projects for visibility, prioritization and resource allocation, and assist with project management on select IT initiatives as assigned by IT executive leadership.
IT PMO Objective
Provide an enterprise-wide approach to identify, prioritize, track, and successfully execute a technology portfolio of initiatives and projects aligned with the University of Denver's strategic goals and plans of academic and administrative units as determined by IT and University leadership.
A project has a defined start and end date. A project is not a routine operation, but is a specific set of activities and tasks designed to accomplish a singular goal.
All projects submitted must have identified funding, outline any impact to units (enterprise or more focused, including personnel), and name a unit sponsor.
If a project has high visibility, an enterprise-wide impact, a technology component requiring software integration, or requires the effort of six weeks or more (approximately 240 staff hours), an IT project request should be submitted and will be forwarded to IT leadership for review. A project manager will be assigned to approved projects based on availability.
Please fill out the IT Project Request Form below if any of these apply:
- Project will have high visibility or high impact to the requesting unit
- Enterprise impact (campus-wide or multi-unit impact)
- Integration with Banner or other DU IT application(s)
- Level of effort involved is expected to be greater than six weeks or more than approximately 240 IT staff hours
- Ongoing IT support for the product after implementation will be needed
Please reach out to IT.PMO@du.edu if you are considering new technology software or hardware solutions.
- IT may already have an existing solution in place for use which can help you save on implementation time, money, and staff resources
- IT can assist in the technology selection process
By filling out this form, it will ensure that an approved project has visibility in the IT project prioritization list for securing IT resources for project success.
IT Project Request
Submit an IT Project Request