- DU passwords expire every six months.
- Systems that use your DU ID number or email address as a username all use the same password.
- You will receive an email letting you know your password will expire shortly.
- If your password has already expired, call the IT Help Center at 303-871-4700 for a reset.
To change your password before it expires:
- Log in to PioneerWeb with your 87 number and password.
- In the upper right-hand corner, select GO -- My Account.
- Under the Change Your Password and Security Question heading, Select "Change your Password or Security Questions".
- Enter your current password once, and a new password twice. Then click "Save Changes" to save your new password.
- Minimum password length is 8.
- Maximum password length is 20.
- Password must contain a letter.
- Password must contain a digit.
- Password can contain a special character, but it is not recommended especially at the end of the password.
- If desired, your security question and answer can be changed from this page. Simply click "Set password recovery question and answer."
- Enter your password once, followed by a question and answer that only you would know. Your new security question and answer will be saved upon clicking "Submit Setup."
- If you forget your password, you can use the "Forgot your password" link on the PioneerWeb login page to answer the security question you setup above. This will allow you to reset your password.
After your password has changed...
You may have to make a few updates:
When connecting to Eduroam for the first time after changing your password, you may be prompted to re-enter your password. If you use DU Wifi you should not need to reenter your password.
If you are not prompted but you are unable to connect, you may have to "forget" or remove Eduroam from your list of wireless networks.
Add Eduroam again by following the instructions found in the IT Knowledgebase.
- Windows PC
Your University Windows computer can update your password for your Windows login either on a wired connection on campus or through VPN. If you are working remotely not on campus, you can update your Windows PC password through VPN by following these steps:
- Ensure you can see 'Switch User' in the start menu
- If 'Switch User' is available, Continue to the next step, if it is not, please contact the IT Help Desk at 303-871-4700
- Change your password through PioneerWeb.
- Once changed and not on campus, login to your computer at the Windows Login screen with your old password.
- Connect to VPN using your new password
- Go to the User option in the start menu and select 'Switch User'
- Log back into your account at the Windows login screen using your new password.
- You have successfully updated your Windows PC password.
- Mobile Devices
You will need to update your password on mobile devices (phones or tablets) that you use to check your email. Check out the online instructions for accessing email on iOS (Apple) mobile devices or on Android devices.
- Microsoft Outlook
If Outlook is continually prompting you to enter your user name and password, you may need to remove old passwords from your system. See the Instructions for removing old passwords from a Windows or Mac computer.
Wait, something's wrong. I have a question!
Not to worry, we're here to help! Simply pick up the phone and call the IT Help Center at 303.871.4700. You can also submit a web ticket through our support portal, although you will be unable to do this if you cannot log into PioneerWeb.
How do I change my iBanner password?
We appreciate you taking the time to read this, but this is not the article you're looking for. Information about changing your ibanner / oracle / Xtender password can be found here