What is Microsoft Sway?
Sway is an app from Microsoft Office that makes it easy to create and share interactive reports, personal stories, presentations, and more.
Who can use it?
Sway is available for free for all DU faculty, staff and students as part of the Office365 Suite.
Features and benefits:
- Easily compile text, images, videos, and other content in an interactive online format.
- Apply designer-created layouts and color schemes, or let Sway suggest design elements that match your content.
- Search and import relevant content from other sources.
- Share your completed Sways on the web.
Why should I use Sway?
With Sway, there’s no need to spend lots of time on formatting. Its built-in design engine takes care of making your creation look its best. If the initial design doesn’t quite match your taste or mood, you can easily apply another — or fully customize your layout to make it your own.
It’s super easy to share your finished Sways. Family, friends, classmates, and coworkers can see your creations on the Web without signing up, signing in, or downloading anything. And you can change the privacy settings for any Sway whenever you want more control over what you share.
How do I start using Sway?
In your web browser, visit sway.office.com and then sign in using your DU email and password.
Sway resources from Microsoft:
- Getting Started with Sway Training Guide
- How to Build a Presentation in Sway - Part 1
- How to Build a Presentation in Sway - Part 2
- How to Create a Newsletter in Sway
- How to Make a Tutorial in Sway
Faculty and staff also have access to Sway video training from LinkedIn Learning (choose "Sign in with your organization account” when prompted to login):