Skip navigation

First Year and Transfer Student Registration


Transfer & AP/IB Credit


AP exams will be administered remotely in May 2020, and College Board has provided details on their website:

College Board will provide universities and colleges AP scores on the normal 1-5 scale, and DU will award credit based on our standard policies. Students must take the exams to receive credit from DU.

For specific credit information, please visit:


IB exams will not be administered this spring, and graduating high school seniors will be eligible to receive IB Diplomas. International Baccalaureate has provided details on their website:

International Baccalaureate will provide universities and colleges IB scores at each subject level on the normal IB 1-7 scale, and DU will award credit based on our standard policies.

For specific credit information, please visit:

Transfer credit for Pass/Fail grades on official college transcripts

Courses showing a grade of "P" (Pass) on an official college transcript are, and will continue to be, transferred in for credit as long as the course is similar to one taught at DU, and the issuing institution indicates that "P" (Pass) equals "C-" (1.7) or better performance. Transfer grades are not included in a student's DU GPA.

DU recognizes that some institutions converted courses that would normally be awarded letter grades to P/F (Pass/Fail) for all students in the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 terms.

Temporary addendum to DU policy: courses with a final official "P" grade that equals "C-" (1.7) or better taken Spring 2020 and/or Summer 2020 terms will be eligible to be transferred in for DU Common Curriculum or specific degree plan requirements. This temporary change in policy applies to classes taken these two terms only; whereas typically, courses receiving "P" (equal to C- or better) can only be transferred in as elective credit.

University of Denver grants credit for select Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) examination scores as well as previous credit earned through enrollment in college-level courses. Incoming students should submit their AP and IB scores and college transcripts prior to registration so that the we can award credit and help place students in the correct courses.

If you were unable to submit your exam scores or transcripts prior to your registration time, information in this website will help you understand how credit will be awarded once we receive your documents. The AP and IB links will provide you with information on credit placement according to your examination score. Additionally, the transfer credit link will provide you with course equivalencies for a large number of college courses including many dual or concurrent enrollment programs. Do not register for courses in which you anticipate receiving credit through AP, IB, or transfer as we cannot give you credit twice for the same course.

Transfer credit can only be granted for courses in which you receive a grade of C- or higher and when the course appears on an official college transcript. We cannot give credit for dual enrollment courses based on a student's high school transcript.

If you have taken courses which are not listed on our website and we have not received your transcript prior to registration, email us at We will advise you on how these courses will be transferred to DU.


Sample Course Plans

Advising Webinars

Registration FAQs