What is DocuSign?
DocuSign is an enterprise electronic signature service, supporting the DU community's goal of a more secure, sustainable, green, and paperless future. DocuSign was selected because it offers a robust set of benefits.
Cost and Eligibility:
DocuSign is available to be implemented by all DU departments at no cost.
Features and Benefits:
- Legally Binding: DocuSign signatures meet requirements of both the US Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce (ESIGN) Act, and the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) and are recognized as valid under US law.
- Secure: Approved by the ISO for use with confidential information when all security best practices are observed.
- Fast and Efficient: eSignature reduces turn-around time, reduces manual staff labor, and provides the opportunity to increase efficiency.
- Green and Sustainable: Processes can be completely paperless, cutting down on the need for storing copies, mail costs, and imaging.
- Global and Available 24/7: Provides faculty, students, and staff a secure, effective, and fast way to sign and return documents anytime, anywhere in the world.
Properly obtained electronic signatures are acceptable for university business forms and documentation. Federal and state laws provide that electronic signatures have full validity under the law when obtained appropriately using compliant technologies, certifications, and authentications.
How do I start using DocuSign?
Please submit a DocuSign Account Request ticket through the IT Help Center to get started.
- DocuSign Show & Tell (DU MediaSpace)
- DocuSign's training channel on YouTube
- DocuSign Support Portal
- Learn DocuSign Course on LinkedIn Learning
- DU/DocuSign Implementation Video Training Playlist (login required)