Thank you for visiting the DU Staff Senate pages! We're proud to advocate for DU's many staff constituencies.
The Staff Senate is a participant in the University of Denver's shared governance model and works closely with the University's administration, Faculty Senate, and undergraduate and graduate student governments. We elect new senators each year for two year terms under an area-based representation model.
The Staff Senate meets on the second Wednesday of most months and the location rotates. Our meetings are open to DU's community and anyone is welcome to attend. For information on upcoming meetings, please see our meetings page or contact us. If you have questions or want to bring an issue to our attention, please get in touch with your area senator or contact us directly.
Mission, Values, and Purposes
As a participant in DU’s shared governance, the DU Staff Senate will create connections, support an equitable and vibrant work environment, and amplify staff voices through policy involvement and advocacy action.
The DU Staff Senate is guided by the following values:
- Diversity & Inclusion: representing all staff voices within DU shared governance.
- Equity: striving to ensure staff have opportunities for resources and participation while centering the needs of those historically excluded from resources and participation.
- Transparency: maintaining open communication between the staff community and DU leadership.
The DU Staff Senate serves staff in the following ways:
- Advocacy: amplify staff voices to University leadership and act for staff advancement and equity.
- Well-Being: help staff find integration between career goals, life goals (finding meaning), and commitments outside of work.
- Appreciation & Recognition: identify and support ways to recognize staff value and accomplishments.
- Connection: build interdisciplinary networks and structures for collaboration between staff, create personal development opportunities, and build and maintain connections with faculty, students, alumni, and other groups.