Frequently Asked Questions
Not Finding the Answer You're SeekingView All FAQs
How do I go about finding a new provider in the Cigna network?
Before 7/1, you can go to Cigna.com to look for a provider in the LocalPlus network, or you can call one of our advocates at the pre-enrollment line 24/7, and they are happy to assist with your search.
What can I do before the new Cigna plan goes into effect?
- Find a new PCP- again, this is not required but we always recommend it!
- Find any specialists you may need for your ongoing care.
- Get a 60-90 day fill for your daily/maintenance medications from your Kaiser network provider, and request a copy of your prescription from your doctor so you’re ready to go on 7/1/2021.
- Know what pharmacies are in the Cigna network (you can find these on Cigna.com prior to 7/1 and at myCigna.com starting 7/1).
- Call Kaiser or go online to request your medical records, so you can share those with your new PCP.
- If needed, apply for Transition of Care for ongoing acute treatment before July 30th. (see the section on Transition of Care below)
- Call the Cigna Pre-Enrollment Line 24/7 for questions about your plan options and coverage, or for help finding an in-network provider or pharmacy.
I’ve already received care in 2021, will my deductibles and OOP maximums be transferred to Cigna?
Yes, Cigna will be crediting the portion of your deductibles and OOP maximums you have already met for 2021.
What changes will employees experience in Dental and Vision coverage?
There will be no changes to the current Dental and Vision coverage or rates.
Will there be any change to the University's HSA contribution?
No, the University's contribution to the HSA will remain at $27.64 per month. The administrator will also remain the same.
What hospital systems in Colorado are included in LocalPlus?
- Boulder Community Health
- Centura Health
- Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Craig Hospital,
- Denver Health Medical Center
- National Jewish Health
- SCL Health System
Mountain (Eagle Routt & Summit Counties):
- St. Anthony Summit Medical Center
- UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center
- Vail Valley Medical Center
West (La Plata, Mesa & Montezuma Counties):
- Animas Surgical Hospital
- Centura Mercy Regional Medical Center
- Southwest Memorial Hospital
- St. Mary’s Medical Center
I need to verify if my current prescription is covered, where can I view Cigna's current formulary?
Cigna's list of current medications is posted on the University of Denver’s employee portal. If your medication is not showing on the formulary list please call their pre-enrollment line to verify whether it is covered.
If I have identified a LocalPlus physician that I want to utilize moving forward, can I begin the process of transferring over my medical records now?
Once you have selected a network provider you would like to use, the switch of your medical records can be handled at any time with their staff.
Will I need to sign up or enroll in the new benefit programs? (Medical, Dental, Life Vision, etc.)
Yes. This year’s open enrollment is an ACTIVE Enrollment which means that you must enroll or waive each line of coverage offered whether it be medical, dental, life, AD&D, Critical Illness or Accident, or other offerings. Failure to elect coverage will result in now coverage.
How do I transfer medical records from Kaiser to my new Cigna physician?
For any correspondence regarding this request, please call the Release of Information Department at 303-404-4700.
What will be the last day we can obtain services through Kaiser (Office Visits, Rx prescriptions etc.)?
June 30th 2021 will be the last date for services other than those specific services that a request and approval of Transition of Care has been granted.