About the Human Resources Request For Proposal (RFP)
Thank you for providing candid feedback on the benefits survey issued by Human Resources & Inclusive Community in the fall of 2020. As a result of the feedback provided and with our organizational responsibility to look at the market every few years, DU released a Request For Proposal (RFP) for medical carriers in January. To help answer questions employees have as well as illustrate the path forward, this website has been established as a collection point for information.
Healthcare RFP Updates
Update to Healthcare Provider RFP: April 1, 2021
As summarized in The Bridge a few weeks ago, Human Resources conducted a survey in the fall to gauge faculty and staff opinions about our current health care provider and options.
RFP Review and Evaluation Committee
In mid-March, an RFP Review and Evaluation Committee was seated to review and assess the three finalists. After a careful analysis of the proposals, a majority were favorably impressed by CIGNA's offerings. While committee members debated a number of views, committee leads ultimately put forward a recommendation to go with CIGNA. In the end, senior leaders made the decision to switch to CIGNA as the healthcare provider for benefited employees.
- Joe Benson, Associate Provost, Budget & Analysis
- Leslie Brunelli, Senior Vice Chancellor for Business and Financial Affairs
- Garret Glass, Staff Advisory Council President and Assistant Director of Production, Newman Center for the Performing Arts
- Linda Kosten, Vice Provost, Budget & Administration
- Michael LaFarr, Executive Director, Health and Counseling Center
- Jerron Lowe, Interim Vice Chancellor for Human Resources
- Leandra Martinez, Assistant Controller
- Lloyd Moore, Benefits Director
- Shaunda Norman, Director of HR Services
- Sarah Pessin, Faculty Senate President and Professor, Department of Philosophy
- Two Gallagher representatives