The University of Denver is located just six miles from downtown and is about 16 minutes from the City Center via I-25 or light rail. DU’s 130-acre campus is firmly embedded in established neighborhoods and surrounded by variety of well-known dining and entertainment options.
Activities Around Campus
The DU neighborhood and Denver as a whole offer extensive opportunities for recreation, cultural engagement, dining and more. Explore neighborhood guides, learn about the many excellent restaurants around DU and prepare to enjoy your time in Denver.
RTD Light Rail
The RTD light rail station next to DU serves as a stop on the E, F and H lines, which connect all across Denver. Getting downtown by rail is quick and easy, and you can even use it to get to and from the airport on the new A line, which leaves from downtown Denver's Union Station.
Once you arrive, you can walk across Buchtel Boulevard and walk south across the campus to University Hall, which is located just off S University Boulevard and E Warren Avenue.
Learn more on RTD's website.
STEP 1: Driving Directions From I-25
- Exit University Blvd. (exit #205) heading south.
- Drive south on University Blvd. approximately one mile. Continue one block past the fifth traffic light at E. Iliff Ave. until you reach E. Wesley Ave.
- Turn right (west) onto E. Wesley Ave. The Newman Center for the Performing Arts parking garage is located on the right.
- Turn right into the parking garage.
- Make an immediate right turn upon entering the garage to park in the visitor parking section.
STEP 2: Parking Garage Instructions
- Park in any of the visitor stalls.
- Find the kiosk located at the northeast exit of the garage.
- The kiosk will ask you for your plate number. Ignore this prompt
- Press the yellow button under "Code Input", located on the screen, and enter the code we provided to you in your confirmation email.
- Enter your required time (we recommend at least three hours).
- Enter your license plate number.
STEP 3: Walking Directions from the Newman Center Garage to Undergraduate Admission
- Exit left out of the parking garage.
- Proceed left (north) on University Blvd. and cross E. Iliff Ave.
- Continue on University Blvd. for one block until you reach Daniel L. Ritchie Way / Warren Ave.
- Turn west (left) on Daniel L. Ritchie Way / Warren Ave.
- University Hall is on the north side of the circle. Check in at the Undergraduate Admission reception area, located in room 110 on the first floor.
Parking & Construction Updates
Parking on campus is available at both hourly rates and by permit. If you're visiting campus for an event, you can use any of our paid lots in the neighborhood. Permits are available for purchase through Parking and Mobility Services.
Our facilities team also provides construction updates to ensure easy transit around campus.