To get started, you will need to have already set up Duo for use with Office 365 and installed GlobalProtect.
One-Time Download and Installation Instructions for GlobalProtect VPN
Please follow the one-time instructions for your operating system below:
How to Use Duo with GlobalProtect VPN
- Make sure that you are not currently connected to any other VPN software.
- Open the GlobalProtect software on your device and click Connect.
- On a Windows computer you can find GlobalProtect either by searching for it from the search bar in the lower left of your toolbar (next to the Windows flag), or by opening the system tray in the lower right of the toolbar (next to the clock).
- On a Mac computer you can find GlobalProtect either by searching in the Spotlight Search or in the menu bar (upper right next to the clock).
- Log in by entering your DU email address and password, followed by a prompt for Duo MFA.
For Law students and employees: Please use your @law.du.edu email address and password.
- A connection is established once you see the “Connected” window.
- Once connected, all traffic is now going through the VPN.
Note: Your GlobalProtect session may auto-minimize and only appear as an icon in the system tray down near your clock. You can click on the icon to maximize the window.
- To disconnect your VPN, click the GlobalProtect icon in the system tray, as shown above, and then select Disconnect.
- Additional information can be found at: https://www.du.edu/it/services/software/vpn