Before installing Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN, be sure that you have set up Duo MFA on your Office 365 email account. Please refer to instructions on setting up Duo.
One-Time Mac OSX Installation and Setup
- Open a browser and navigate to https://vpn.du.edu.
- Enter your DU email address and password and click "Login".
For Law students and employees: Please use your @law.du.edu email address and password.
You will then be prompted to verify your identity via Duo.
- Select the appropriate software download from the list.
*The GlobalProtect agent can only be installed on Mac OS X versions 10.12 or newer.
If your computer is running an older version of Mac OS X please contact the IT Help Center to determine if you computer can upgrade to a newer operating system.
- Once downloaded, double click the installer to open it and begin the install. If prompted, enter your computer password (that you use to log into your computer) to allow the agent to be installed.
- Follow the install prompts and leave the install location as the auto-filled default value.
- On the Custom Install screen, leave only the first option selected.
- Important security settings: You may receive a security prompt that the install has been blocked by security settings on your Mac. If this happens, follow the prompts and select "Open Security Preferences" to allow GlobalProtect to update settings to security preferences.
*If you are not prompted during install, please navigate to "System Preferences" > "Security Preferences" > "Security and Privacy" and click the "Allow" button.
**Please note that on macOS Big Sur, you may see the prompt at this stage. However, these prompts may appear later in the process for other operating systems such as macOS Catalina.
- If you are prompted to allow GlobalProtect to make VPN configuration changes, click "Allow".
- The GlobalProtect icon will appear in the upper right of the menu bar (near the clock).
- To connect to the GlobalProtect VPN, click on the icon and then click "Connect".
- Enter vpn.du.edu as the portal address and click "Connect"
- You will be prompted to enter your email address and password and click "Login". You will then be prompted to verify your identity via Duo.
- Depending on your specific browser you may need to allow the connection. If you see the below window, select "Open GlobalProtect"
- A connection is established once you see the “Connected” window.
- To disconnect from GlobalProtect, expand the GlobalProtect icon and then click "Disconnect".
- Your setup is now complete. You can follow the instructions in KB0014240 on how to use the VPN on a daily basis.
Uninstalling the Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN
1. Log into https://vpn.du.edu
2. Click on "Download Mac 32/64 bit GlobalProtect agent"
3. Open and run the PKG from your downloads
4. On the installation type screen, choose "Uninstall GlobalProtect"
5. Click "continue" and follow the prompts through the rest of the installer.
*You may need to restart your computer to finish the uninstall*
Please see Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN troubleshooting tips for common issues and solutions.
If you encounter any issues or have any questions please contact the IT Help Center at 303-871-4700 or online at support.du.edu.