Launched with the goal of creating bridges between the various women's groups at the University of Denver, the Women's Coalition seeks to advance our institution toward a more representative and inclusive culture for women. Promoting the sharing of resources and information between women's groups on and near campus, the Coalition seeks to transform the University into a leader in higher education for women, striving to center the experiences of women from marginalized or underrepresented backgrounds. Through educational programming, campus events, and collaborative projects, the Women's Coalition aims to support an empowering campus community for all women.
The University of Denver will become the top choice for women, inclusive of diverse backgrounds at all levels of higher education.
The Women's Coalition creates and fosters a University of Denver culture that values and empowers all women.
Women's Coalition Operations
The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion manage the operations of the Women's Coalition. Please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Center for Advocacy, Prevention and Empowerment (CAPE)
CAPE is a resource center on campus dedicated to supporting survivors of sexual or gender-based violence and promoting a positive, safe environment for all DU community members.
Center for Multicultural Excellence
Sponsoring events and educational workshops, the CME strengthens bonds between affinity groups and works to increase diversity and inclusivity at DU.
Colorado Women's College
One of the very few institutions of higher learning in the Rocky Mountain region devoted specifically to advancing the goals of women and girls, especially those from underrepresented or marginalized groups. CWC seeks to transform learners into leaders of their communities.
Gender and Women's Studies Department
With a highly interdisciplinary approach that actively advances the conversation around women's rights and roles in modern society, the Gender and Women's Studies program at DU showcases recent developments in the fields of queer, ethnic and feminist scholarship.
Office of Campus Safety
The Women's Coalition partners with Campus Safety to provide safety and self-defense courses for women, also managing the SafeRide program.
Staff Advisory Council
The SAC works with the Women's Coalition to promote campus events and support the needs of women staff across campus.
- Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce
- Denver's Road Home
- Denver Women's Commission
- Mi Casa
- Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains
- Resources for Victims of Domestic Violence
- State of Colorado Office of Early Childhood
- The Gathering Place
- The Women's Foundation of Colorado
- Wise Women Give - The Denver Foundation
- WomensLaw.org: Denver Metro Area Resources
- Women's Resource Agency
- A Celebration of Women Writers
- Artemis Guide to Women's Studies in the U. S.
- Defending Women's Rights in America and Around the World
- Feminism and Women's Studies
- Feminist Campus
- Feminist Majority Foundation
- HERS Institute (Higher Education Resource Services)
- MS. Magazine Online
- National Organization for Women
- National Women's History Project
- The Global Fund for Women
- Women and Social Movements in the United States, 1600-2000
- Women's Global Empowerment Fund