Established in 1864, the historic University of Denver campus is 158 years old and ranks among the most beautiful in the country. Facilities Management and Planning is responsible for over three miles of city-owned streets within the campus boundaries.
25,000+ annual work requests
Our Mission, Vision, and Values
Through exceptional customer service, we fulfill our mission to provide the DU community with sustainable facilities stewardship that creates a welcoming and engaging environment in which to learn, teach, work, and thrive, thereby helping to achieve our vision of enriching the University's global prominence and community impact as we uphold the following core values:
- Stewardship – We effectively use all available resources to meet the needs of today without compromising the future. We work in a safe manner using equipment and procedures as appropriate and encourage others to do the same. We maintain confidence and protect the security of operations and assets by keeping information confidential and equipment/facilities secure. We demonstrate efficient use of time, equipment, and other resources with a focus on sustainable operations and best practices.
- Teamwork – We work together cooperatively in support of our mission. We value individuals and their contributions to the team and treat each other with respect and dignity. We actively work to create and support an inclusive and equitable work environment by embedding diversity into all aspects of the workplace. We communicate honestly and openly, listen attentively, and assume responsibility for resolving difficulties appropriately. We encourage cooperation, collaboration, and co-ownership of success.
- Professionalism – We earn the trust of others through professional conduct that includes honesty, reliability, and competency. We exhibit a courteous, conscientious, and businesslike manner in the workplace. We actively endorse and work to fulfill DU's mission, vision, and goals. We pursue professional development to increase expertise and improve our capabilities to deliver improved job performance.
- Service – We contribute to the success of others by responding in a courteous, timely, and accurate manner, seeking assistance when necessary to create a positive DU experience that exceeds the expectations of students, as well as both internal and external contacts. We understand that our performance directly affects the future of our University and strive to enhance the DU experience. We embrace a positive attitude and participate through engagement with changes in procedures, environment, and responsibilities.
- Integrity – We accept responsibility for the University's and public's trust and are accountable for individual actions. We conduct ourselves and perform our duties in an environmentally, socially, and economically responsible manner that is reflective and protective of the trust placed in us as stewards of the University's facility-related resources.
- Excellence – We strive to achieve excellence in all endeavors and are committed to continuous improvement. We enthusiastically deliver quality services to our customers while consistently seeking to improve those services through creativity and innovation.
- Engagement – We seek to "tell our story" through collaboration, communication, and inclusion within the greater DU community. Through involvement, we ensure the needs of students, faculty, staff, alumni, visitors, and neighbors are met and efforts from each department are understood. We take every opportunity to augment the education and research mission of the University through demonstration of real world applications of theories and principles.