The Department of Facilities Management & Planning supports the University of Denver's physical resources in order to provide a healthy and safe educational environment for our campus community through the following divisions:

Our Mission, Vision, and Values

Through exceptional customer service, we fulfill our mission to provide the DU community with sustainable facilities stewardship that creates a welcoming and engaging environment in which to learn, teach, work, and thrive, thereby helping to achieve our vision of enriching the University's global prominence and community impact as we uphold the following core values:

  • Stewardship – We effectively use all available resources to meet the needs of today without compromising the future. We work in a safe manner using equipment and procedures as appropriate and encourage others to do the same. We maintain confidence and protect the security of operations and assets by keeping information confidential and equipment/facilities secure. We demonstrate efficient use of time, equipment, and other resources with a focus on sustainable operations and best practices.
  • Teamwork – We work together cooperatively in support of our mission. We value individuals and their contributions to the team and treat each other with respect and dignity. We actively work to create and support an inclusive and equitable work environment by embedding diversity into all aspects of the workplace. We communicate honestly and openly, listen attentively, and assume responsibility for resolving difficulties appropriately. We encourage cooperation, collaboration, and co-ownership of success.
  • Professionalism – We earn the trust of others through professional conduct that includes honesty, reliability, and competency. We exhibit a courteous, conscientious, and businesslike manner in the workplace. We actively endorse and work to fulfill DU's mission, vision, and goals. We pursue professional development to increase expertise and improve our capabilities to deliver improved job performance.
  • Service We contribute to the success of others by responding in a courteous, timely, and accurate manner, seeking assistance when necessary to create a positive DU experience that exceeds the expectations of students, as well as both internal and external contacts. We understand that our performance directly affects the future of our University and strive to enhance the DU experience. We embrace a positive attitude and participate through engagement with changes in procedures, environment, and responsibilities.
  • Integrity We accept responsibility for the University's and public's trust and are accountable for individual actions. We conduct ourselves and perform our duties in an environmentally, socially, and economically responsible manner that is reflective and protective of the trust placed in us as stewards of the University's facility-related resources.
  • Excellence – We strive to achieve excellence in all endeavors and are committed to continuous improvement. We enthusiastically deliver quality services to our customers while consistently seeking to improve those services through creativity and innovation.
  • Engagement – We seek to "tell our story" through collaboration, communication, and inclusion within the greater DU community. Through involvement, we ensure the needs of students, faculty, staff, alumni, visitors, and neighbors are met and efforts from each department are understood. We take every opportunity to augment the education and research mission of the University through demonstration of real world applications of theories and principles.


Submit Facilities service requests and track your work orders through our online maintenance and management system, iServiceDesk.

Work Request

Campus Facts

Established in 1864, the historic University of Denver campus is 158 years old and ranks among the most beautiful in the country. Buildings on campus date from as far back as the 1800s and have a combined value of more than half a billion dollars.

The Department of Facilities Management & Planning is responsible for:

  • 88+ total campus buildings
  • Over 5,000,000 square feet of facility space
  • Three miles of city-owned streets within the campus boundaries
  • University-owned steam plant with two natural gas boilers and distribution system
  • 25,000+ annual work requests

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I get something fixed on campus?

    Submit a work request through iServiceDesk or call the Facilities Service Desk at 303-871-2200 weekdays between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Please note that iServiceDesk is only available when connected to the University network, either on campus or through the DU VPN. For complete instructions on submitting an iServiceDesk work request, see the How to Submit a Work Request page.

    You may also submit an email with your work request information if you are unable to access the iService portal page.

  • What is the difference between an emergency and routine call?

    Emergency calls are those that involve the threat of damage to life or property, e.g. gas leaks, water leaks, fire alarms, etc.

    Please call 303-871-2200 during business hours to report an emergency call.

    After hours, please call Campus Safety at 303-871-3000.

    Routine calls involve requests for services that can be scheduled, e.g. painting, light bulbs, keys, etc.

  • Where is the Facilities Management & Planning office located?

    Facilities Management administrative reception is located at 2400 S. Race Street on the second floor. The front of the Facilities Management Building faces east toward the Physics Building. There is limited parking for clients and vendors, so please be considerate of others.

  • How do I order keys?

    Requests for a new keys can be made by submitting an online work request. Please allow 7–10 days for turn-around time.

  • How often is my science lab cleaned?

    Science labs are located in the Physics Building, Seely, Mudd, and Olin Hall. The Custodial department has access to these labs five days a week, and they are cleaned as scheduled by the faculty of that department or lab. Check with a staff member in your specific lab for the cleaning schedule.

  • How can I order a new sign or nameplate?

    Signage is a responsibility of the General Maintenance Shop located in the Facilities Management Building. To order a new sign or nameplate, submit a Facilities work request through iServiceDesk. Please include all relevant details to ensure prompt and accurate service.

  • How do I recycle items on campus?

    The University of Denver's Recycling Program involves thousands of recycling bins located next to nearly every trash receptacle on the DU campus. The program from Altogether Recycling™ allows different recycling materials to be co-mingled in the same bin. The Alpine Waste & Recycling company is responsible for sorting the materials.

    For a complete list of what we recycle, including instructions on how to recycle e-waste such as computers and batteries, see this page.



Facilities Service Center