Emergency Notification System
- Timely and accurate information regarding an emergency can be the difference between life and death.
- The Office of Emergency Preparedness & Fire Safety maintains an Emergency Notification System, DU Alerts, capable of pushing out emergency messages to everyone affiliated with the University of Denver in a very short period of time.
- All members of the DU community will receive an email when a message is sent through DU Alerts. If you would like to receive voice messages via telephone or text messages via your mobile device, you must register your number or numbers with the system.
Points of Contact
Every member of the DU community will receive an email when the system is utilized.
Members of the DU community have the option to register a telephone number with the system to receive a call with an automated message when the system is used.
Members of the DU community also have the option to register a mobile device capable of receiving text messages with the system to receive a message when the system is used. This is generally regarded as the best way to reach you in an emergency.
Enter your notification preferences in PioneerWeb to receive DU AlertsSign Up
When will the system be used?
- An impending emergency situation
- An actual emergency situation
- Updates regarding a current emergency situation
- School closures due to weather or other circumstances
Who should sign up?
- All active students
- All active faculty
- All active staff
- All essential duty personnel, including deans and directors
- Other key administrative personnel
While participation in the text and voice messaging notification is optional, enrolling is strongly encouraged.
Emergency Contact Information
Emergency contact information is found via PioneerWeb on the "View Emergency Contacts" or "Update Emergency Contacts" pages and lists contacts such as parents, relatives and/or friends, who should be notified if you are injured or ill and you cannot contact them. The emergency notification system is designed to notify you and only you in the event of an urgent situation and does not utilize emergency contact information.
Emergency Notification System Disclaimer
Only currently enrolled students and current employees will receive University email emergency notifications.
The mobile device owner is responsible for any charges associated with text messages.
DU does not guarantee the successful delivery of any message to any individual recipient, nor does receipt of any message guarantee life safety in the event of an emergency.
DU policy requires community members to check their DU email account. Please make sure you check this account regularly or forward your email to an email account you check.