Custodial Services

Custodial Services is a division of DU Facilities responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all interior spaces in academic and administrative buildings as well as dining halls and common spaces in residence halls. We provide quality services, management of physical assets, and stewardship of resources in accordance with University policies, values, regulatory requirements, and best practice standards. Through sustainable processes that utilize environmentally responsible cleaning products and equipment, we provide effective, economical, and innovative solutions that are accessible, friendly, and responsive.

82% of our spaces are cleaned to a standard known as APPA Level 2, with the remaining 18% cleaned to APPA Level 1, the highest industry standard. We use third-party certified, environmentally friendly, fragrance free cleaning products that are third-party certified.


Services Provided

  • Grounds Clean-Up & Snow Removal support (Optional for after-hour Event support)
  • Regular Cleaning of Buildings (Trash collection, sweeping, dusting)
  • Periodic Cleaning (Carpet shampooing, floor finishing, window cleaning)
  • Special Event Clean-Up (Required when food is served at events)


Custodial requests must be made online through our work request system. No fax or voicemail requests will be accepted.

Request Custodial Service


Staff Training and Development

Maintaining a diverse array of unique DU facilities presents Custodial Services with a continuous challenge to mentor, train, and develop our staff. Especially as the University moves toward its goal of 100% USGBC LEED-certified buildings, staff members must be kept informed of environmental impacts and their effects on cleaning and maintenance best practices.

We offer our staff members a range of training and development opportunities from lessons on floor care and other custodial practices to training in equipment usage and safety procedures — even customer service development and English language acquisition classes.

Since 2014, all of our training and development sessions are conducted utilizing interpretation services, allowing all employees to receive the same information at the same time.

Trainings Provided

  • Chemical safety using the Global Harmonized System (GHS)
  • Customer service using Aramark's WEST system
  • Occupational safety
  • Cleaning practices using Aramark's SpaceCare QL system
  • Aramark's Floor Care QL system
  • 3M's Stone Floor Protection System
  • Aramark's and Orbio Technology's Blue Cleaning program
  • Cart set-up and stocking
  • Asbestos practices
  • Blood-borne pathogen containment
  • Zero waste practices
  • Emergency evacuation procedures


Contacting Custodial Division Support Services

To reach our offices, call 303-871-4819 between 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. After hours, call the Facilities Management main office at 303-871-2200.



Facilities Service Center