Architect Campus Planning
Check out a PDF version of the University Architect's presentation on the architectural development of DU's campus.
Built for Learning
The photograph-rich 2008 book Built for Learning chronicles the University of Denver's extraordinary architecture and the people who made it possible.
The University of Denver is committed to campus-wide sustainability initiatives. The Office of the University Architect works closely with the Department of Facilities Management & Planning to help implement sustainability goals throughout campus operations, including planning and design, construction, business operations, and physical plant operations.
The University requires potential capital projects to be developed in a uniform manner that helps senior leadership understand and consider the idea. Capital projects should contribute to fulfilling the goals of the University, including inclusive excellence, innovation, integrity, and engagement. Proposed projects must explicitly include a statement of how the project addresses the needs of our diverse campus community.
Recent Construction Projects
In the last few years, the University of Denver has undergone several construction projects on campus.
Land Use Plan
- Introduction and Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Executive Summary
- Chapter 2: University of Denver - Past and Present
- Chapter 3: Projections for Growth
- Chapter 4: Campus-Wide Planning Principles
- Chapter 5: Planning Districts
- Appendix A: Sustainability Statement
- Appendix B: Historic Campus Development
- Appendix C: State and National Register Listings
- Appendix D: Summary of Zoning Districts
- Appendix E: Planning Concepts
- Appendix F: Campus Statistics
- Appendix G: Open Space Typologies
- Appendix H: Campus Gateways
- Appendix I: Bibliography
- Appendix J: 2002 Notes