The Pioneer Prep Leadership Institute is part of the University of Denver's commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
This program will bring together rising high school juniors and seniors from Colorado who identify as Black/African American and/or Latinx and will offer opportunities to learn more about the college process as well as engagement with DU administrators, dynamic speakers, and current students. By the end of the program, you will be welcomed into the Pioneer Prep family, a community of people striving to help you attain your educational goals.
2022 Pioneer Prep Leadership Institute selections have already been made.
Dates for the 2023 Pioneer Prep Program will be released close to January 2023.
Benefits of Pioneer Prep
- Engaging discussion promoting college access, leadership, and cultural identity
- Continued communication and support throughout the college process
- Build one's resume and social circle of influence
- As a Pioneer Prep Scholar, we'll waive your $65 application fee if you choose to apply for college at DU
- If admitted, and depending on financial need, Pioneer Prep participants may receive a Pathways Scholarship worth up to $7,500 a year, renewable for four years at DU
Getting ready for Pioneer Prep
Who can apply to Pioneer Prep?
Rising junior and seniors in Colorado who identify as identify as Black/African American and/or Latinx are eligible to apply for the program.
How do I apply?
Apply online today! May 31 is the application deadline.
The 2022 Pioneer Prep Leadership Institute will take place on the University of Denver campus this summer, July 19 - 21 for Latinx Pioneer Prep (LPP), and August 2 - 4 for Black/African American Pioneer Prep (BPP).
How much does the program cost?
The total cost of the program is $65, with scholarship consideration for families who demonstrate financial hardship through free or reduced lunch eligibility.
What if I'm interested in the Business academic workshop?
There is an opportunity to attend an additional two days of programming hosted by the Daniels College of Business for students interested in learning about the cultures and careers in business on July 21-22 for LPP and August 4-5 for BPP participants.