The Pioneer Prep Leadership Institute is part of the University of Denver's commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
This program will bring together excelling students from Colorado and across the country who identify as Black/African American and/or Latinx and will offer opportunities to learn more about the college process as well as engagement with DU administrators, dynamic speakers, and current students. By the end of the program, you will be welcomed into the Pioneer Prep family, a community of people striving to help you attain your educational goals.
Benefits of Pioneer Prep
- Engaging discussion promoting college access, leadership, and cultural identity
- Continued communication and support throughout the college process
- Build one's resume and social circle of influence
- As a Pioneer Prep Scholar, we'll waive your $65 application fee if you choose to apply for college at DU
- If admitted, and depending on financial need, Pioneer Prep participants may receive a Pathways Scholarship worth up to $7,500 a year, renewable for four years at DU
Getting ready for Pioneer Prep
How to register
Pioneer Prep will take place in the summer of 2022. Registration will open in the spring!
Information about program costs for Pioneer Prep 2022 will be released in the spring.
Academic workshop areas
In past programs, Pioneer Prep has offered workshops for students interested in Hospitality Management, Equity in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (E-STEM), Newman Center for Performing Arts and/or School of Art and Art History.