DU's Wiki supports online collaborative efforts at the University. Generally, this means internal projects/documentation and collaborative work of a nature that is not better accomplished in existing online tools like Canvas or DU Portfolio. DU's wiki provides:
- Asynchronous editing of page content in a web browser
- Macros to "pull" many kinds of content from the web into a wiki page
- The option to attach existing documents to a wiki page
- Basic versioning of wiki page content (track changes)
- Only DU users with active DU credentials may log in and edit wiki pages.
- All wiki spaces must be directly related to furthering the University Vision, Values, Mission & Goals. Spaces may not be used for commercial purposes, unlawful activities, or personal financial gain. Please refer to the Acceptable Use Policy.
- No copyrighted material may be posted without permission from the copyright holder. Please refer to DU's Intellectual Property, Copyright and Related Issues pages.
- By default, all members of a wiki space are be able to create, edit, and remove pages/assets in the wiki space.
- Each wiki space must have a DU Faculty/Staff Space Administrator.
- Space Administrators are responsible for making and/or authorizing space membership requests.
- Spaces that are inactive for a year may by archived and removed.
Requests for plugins should be made through a wiki support request. Plugins will be checked for redundancy, evidence of active support/development efforts, and compatibility with the current DU wiki environment. Plugins will be tested on a test server before installation on the production server.
Canvas is the recommended location for wiki tools intended to be used for a single course or term. In general, faculty should request a space in the DU wiki for student work only for special or long-term projects.
The DU wiki is provided to support collaborative work. Users requiring a personal web presence at DU should consider DU Portfolio. For users interested in build basic HTML, mysite.du.edu web space is available.