What is Microsoft Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 provides all DU students, staff, and faculty members with 5 TB (a lot!) of cloud storage, FREE downloads of Microsoft Office Pro Plus for personal computers (Mac or PC) and iPad/Android devices, and the ability to create, edit, and share Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote) using a web browser. Using web-based versions of Microsoft Office applications, multiple people can edit documents at the same time!
The University of Denver has released a select set of features to students, staff, and faculty members. Those features are:
- OneDrive for Business cloud storage - up to 5 TB per person
- Office Pro Plus Benefits - download newest version of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to your personal PC or Mac (employees should contact the Help Center to get Office for their university computer)
- Office for smart phones and tablets - available from the appropriate app store (Apple, Google Play, Windows)
- Office Online - create/edit/share Office documents using a web browser
- Office 365 Email - accessible from your phone, tablet, or computer using your favorite email app
- Office 365 Groups - team based communications and file sharing to enable collaboration
- Skype for Business - instant messaging and video chat from your phone or computer
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer all Office 365 features to the University of Denver community. We will add features when they are tested to verify they do not create conflicts with other services already used on campus and we are able to provide technical support for those services.
Who Can Use Office 365?
Any actively enrolled student or currently employed staff or faculty member is eligible to use the Microsoft Office 365 tools offered by the University of Denver.
How Do I:
- Log into Office 365
- Reset My Password
- Change my email forwarding settings
- Install Office 365 Pro Plus on My Computer
- Use the Office 365 Calendar
- Configure Outlook for My iPhone/iPad
- Configure Outlook for My PC
- Configure Outlook for My Mac
- Manage/Deactivate Microsoft Office (Office365) Installations
Related Articles (updated frequently):
- Acceptable Use Policy for Office 365
- Syncing with OneDrive for Business on Windows, Mac OS X
- Training Resources for Office 365
- Frequently Asked Questions about Office 365 at DU
- Find your DU Email Address
- How to Opt-in to the DU Alumni Email and Migrate Option through PioneerWeb
Still have questions? Create an Incident