Linda Kosten to Serve as Interim SVC for BFA
Dear DU community members,
In January, we shared that, later this spring, Leslie Brunelli will step down as senior vice chancellor for business and financial affairs and treasurer—DU’s chief financial officer. Leslie’s last day at the University is April 30. I am pleased to announce that Linda Kosten will serve in this role in the interim as we search for a permanent successor. Linda will assume the role of DU’s interim senior vice chancellor for business and finance on April 15.
Linda currently serves as DU’s senior vice provost for university budget, planning and administration. That role will be held in the interim by Clint Emmerich. Linda Kosten has served DU for three decades. Since 2006, she has worked at the University level, including in her role as senior vice provost. Linda also teaches higher education finance at the graduate level in the Morgridge College of Education. The community and the DU Board of Trustees have deep confidence that Linda has the skills and deep experience and knowledge in higher education finances to succeed in this interim role.
Search Committee Update
I would also like to announce the search committee charged with choosing the permanent chief financial officer. The committee will be co-chaired by DU Board of Trustee Members, Deb DeHaas and KC Gallagher and DU Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor, Mary Clark. Information on full committee membership can be found at the bottom of this message.
The search committee will work with search firm Storbeck & Associates to identify a small group of candidates with the skills, experience and values in alignment with this integral role, including the ability to manage a complex and dynamic financial enterprise, forecast and model financial scenarios, and transparently communicate current financial state to a variety of audiences. The candidates will embrace the culture and values of DU, further strengthening the 4D Experience we provide our students and the broad community.
We expect the chosen candidate will start by August 1, 2023.
Senior Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance Search Committee Membership
- Deb DeHaas, trustee
- KC Gallagher, trustee
- Mary Clark, provost and executive vice chancellor
- Josh Berlo, vice chancellor of athletics and Ritchie Center operations
- Stephanie O’Malley, associate vice chancellor of government and community relations
- Doina Chichernea, associate professor of finance
- Yavuz Yasar, professor of economics
- Scott Toney, teaching associate professor of business information and analytics
- Michelle Sabick, dean of the Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Janet Burkhardt, assistant vice chancellor for university financial services and bursar
- Jim Griesemer, trustee
- Nathan Willers, president of the Staff Advisory Council and director of communications in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Staff support will be provided by Claire Brownell, director in the Office of the Chancellor and assistant secretary to the Board of Trustees.