Update on the search for provost and executive vice chancellor
Members of the DU Community,
I want to provide an update on our national search for a provost and executive vice chancellor—an essential leadership position for DU as we continue to implement DU IMPACT 2025 and move into the next phase of our strategic planning implementation. As you know, the position is currently being held in an interim capacity by Corinne Lengsfeld.
I am pleased to announce that Faculty Senate President and Professor in the Department of Communication Studies (CAHSS) Darrin Hicks will chair the search committee. Darrin’s experience and long history at DU will be enormously beneficial during this vital search. Please join me in thanking him for his efforts.
The other members of the committee are:
- Katherine Aliaga – Director of business and operations, facility management
- Katherine Archuleta – Trustee
- Doug Allen – Associate professor, department of management (DCB)
- Terri Davis – Associate professor and director of the psychology program (GSPP)
- Donny Gerke – Assistant professor, Graduate School of Social Work
- Don Harris – Vice chancellor and chief information officer
- Andrei Kutateladze – Dean, College of Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Michael McGuire – Dean, University College
- Cecelia Orphan – Assistant professor, department of higher education (MCE)
- Denise O’Leary – Chair, Board of Trustees
- Susanne Sherba – Teaching professor, department of computer science (RSECS)
- Student representative – To be determined
- & (advising) Mary Sue Coleman – Trustee
The search committee, comprised largely of faculty members, is charged with vetting candidates for the position of provost and executive vice chancellor who have considerable higher education leadership experience, demonstrated success serving the academic mission of their institutions, and the skills necessary to manage a large and diverse community like DU’s. The committee is also committed to ensuring the pool of candidates remain diverse throughout the search process.
Please feel free to direct any questions, concerns, or ideas to Darrin Hicks (Darrin.Hicks@du.edu). The search committee will continue to communicate and consult with community stakeholders as the process unfolds, including details about the search firm, once selected.