Current & Future Students
Be the change. Get what you need with 4D.
Prepare to make a difference in a dynamic world. With the four dimensions—intellectual growth, well-being, character development, and careers and lives of purpose—you can make the most of your time at DU. Further, you can connect with your unique sense of purpose, the foundation on which you will build a meaningful and impactful life.
Support from Day One
The 4D approach is embedded in our signature Discoveries Orientation. Well-trained Discoveries Peer Leaders help foster an immediate sense of belonging and serve as champions, guides and mentors for your first year on campus.
A Constellation of Mentorship
As a DU student, you’re supported by a personalized network of experts, champions and advisors invested in your success. With faculty mentors in the classroom, alumni mentors from across the globe, engaged resident assistants and peer-to-peer coaching, you'll never have to look far for guidance.Explore Your 4D Constellation
Further develop and apply your 4D skillset while immersed in Colorado’s inspiring outdoors. The learning and community-building opportunities at our James C. Kennedy Mountain Campus help lay a strong foundation for a lifetime of leadership, creativity, well-being and connection.
What can you expect to learn?
- Goal setting
- Communication skills
- Collaborating across difference
- Ethical leadership
- Understanding your strengths
What can you expect to do?
- Interactive workshops, retreats and leadership labs
- Research and sustainability projects
- Outward Bound programming
- Hiking, yoga and ropes courses
- Advanced challenge courses
- Guided journaling, reflection and meditation
- Painting, writing, sculpting, creating
Your Doorway to the World
Exposure to the world puts you on the path to improving it. An immersive study abroad experience can broaden your perspective and help you work across borders and differences. The 4D Experience elevates your global understanding.
DU ranks 2nd among the nation's study abroad programs
Over 75 percent of DU undergrads study abroad through over 120 programs in over 50 countries
Prior to a study abroad experience, all DU students take a course on international communication
Big Picture Well-being
DU students enjoy boundless and proactive opportunities to tend to their well-being. Your constellation of mentors is there to connect with all the available programs, resources and facilities.
Explore Well-being at DU
Embrace a Healthy Lifestyle
- State-of-the-art gym and fitness center
- Popular Alpine Club for skiing, snowboarding, dogsledding, hiking, etc.
- Personal training
- Group fitness classes
- Intramural and club sports
- Healthy and delicious meal options on campus
- Nutrition coaching
Build a Strong Foundation
- Financial education program built in partnership with TIAA
- Three-part series on ethical leadership and life design
- Credited courses on cultural competency before, during and after study abroad
Wellness to Support Your Goals
- On-campus counseling center with cultivated, proactive approach
- 24/7 telehealth services
- Peer-driven Collegiate Recovery Community
Nurture Belonging and Connect to Community
- 4D-trained resident assistants
- Inclusive teaching practices
- Full calendar of student events
- Division 1 athletics
- Nationally recognized program for neurodiverse learners
- Hundreds of student and affinity organizations
Learn – and Do
After you graduate, you can look forward to holding a variety of roles throughout your career. You might even engage in work that doesn’t exist yet. You need a dynamic skillset, and you will build it at DU through learning and doing.
- DU undergrads conduct research on everything from binary star systems to voting access.
- Join our bold pursuit of carbon neutrality by 2030. Partner with our Center for Sustainability.
- Directly contribute to the public good as a Community Engaged Fellow or through the student organization DU Service and Change.
- Gain experience with internships, supported by professionals in our Burwell Center for Career Achievement.