Submit Your Application
- Nov. 1 for Early Decision I and Early Action
- If interested in need-based aid, submit your financial aid application by Nov. 15
- Jan. 15 for Early Decision II and Regular Decision
- If interested in need-based aid, submit your financial aid application by Feb. 1
What's the difference between the deadline options?
Early Decisionis a binding agreement between you and the University that you will attend DU if you're accepted. You can only apply Early Decision to one school, and if you're accepted to DU via Early Decision, you must withdraw your applications from other institutions. You should only apply Early Decision if you're sure you want to be a Pioneer.
Early Actionand Regular Decisionare non-binding applications, and you can apply to as many schools as you like for these deadlines.
- The application requires a $65 nonrefundable application fee.
- Pay online
- You can also pay by check or money order, mailed to Undergraduate Admission.
- If you're facing financial hardship, you can apply for a fee waiver. We grant these on a case-by-case basis, and you should speak with your high school counselor to determine if you're eligible. We accept waiver forms from reputable sources like NACAC.
Submit Your Supporting Materials
- We require scores from either the SAT or the ACT. You are free to submit both, but this is not required.
- Submit your test scores via College Board or ACT using the following codes:
- SAT Code: 4842
- ACT Code: 0534
- We accept the writing portions of both tests. However, these scores won't be used in final admission decisions.
- Superscore: If you’ve taken either test more than once, we’ll combine the best subscores to create your best possible composite result.
- If you receive an application fee waiver you have the option to upload ACT and/or SAT test scores to your application status page. Simply log into your account to choose the "Student Submitted Test Score" material upload type and send your official test scores through our site. You may also email us at email@example.com. Once we verify the score report, we will complete the test score requirement for your application. Please note this process may take 24-48 hours to complete.
- Send your official high school transcript or verification of a GED.
- Your high school counselor can send your transcript electronically through Naviance, SendEDU or the Common Application.
Alternatively, your counselor can mail your transcript to this address:
University of Denver
2197 S. University Blvd.
Denver, CO 80208-9401
- We'll need to read a letter of recommendation from your high school counselor.
- Counselors can use DU’s Pioneer Application Counselor Recommendation, the Common Application Secondary School Report, the NACAC form or a personal letter.
- You're welcome to submit additional letters from those that know you best and can speak to your academic abilities and personal qualities (a teacher, a coach, etc.). These letters are optional.
- A ZeeMee profile (a free service designed to help students bring their application to life by highlighting your personal story via photos, videos and text). Simply copy and paste your ZeeMee link into your University of Denver application.
You can use our online tool to check the status of your application.
If you've been accepted to DU and you want to join us as a Pioneer, submit your deposit online to confirm your spot.Submit your deposit
- Early Decision applicantsSubmit your Early Decision Agreement Form.
- Students over 24 years old
- Home schooled studentsIf you're a home schooled student, you can use the application process listed above. However, you will need to submit a letter of recommendation from a non-family member.
- GED studentsPlease submit a copy of your high school transcript that shows all completed coursework. You need to submit one letter of recommendation, preferably from a former teacher or counselor.
- Music majorsIf you're applying to be a music student, you'll need to submit a supplemental application from the Lamont School of Music. You'll receive this after you've submitted your Common App or Pioneer App. You will also be required to submit an audition or portfolio. All music applicants must apply for the Regular Decision deadline. Contact the Lamont School of Music with any questions.
- Art/design majors
- Business majorsThe majority of students interested in attending our Daniels College of Business will be directly admitted to the program of their choice. Some students will be asked to submit a secondary application to the Daniels College after the completion of their first year on campus.
- University Hall
2197 S. University Blvd.
Denver, Colorado 80208
- M - F 8am - 4:30pm