Important dates for incoming students
Check off those boxes.
Once you've submitted your deposit, you'll want to remember some key dates while you're preparing to start college with us. Use this page as a reference, and make sure to mark down orientation and move-in days on your calendar!
Key Dates to Remember
For students starting in the Fall quarter
- May 1st - Submit your admission response form and deposit and apply for Housing through the Housing Application and notify other colleges of your decision to attend the University of Denver. Even a quick email is fine. If you live within 45 miles of the DU campus, you may be eligible to waive the on-campus housing requirement. You can find conditions and instructions on the Housing Release Form.
- As soon as possible send your final transcripts along with the results from any AP or IB exam to the Undergraduate Admission Offices at 2197 S University Blvd, Denver, CO 80208-9401. DU's AP code is 4842.
- May 8th - The 2019-20 One Book One DU selection will be announced soon. As part of the One Book One DU program, all incoming undergraduates will be reading a common book and respond to a Prompt, which will be shared during Discoveries Welcome Week. In order to receive a complimentary copy of the book, please confirm your address by May 8, 2019! Questions? Email: [email protected].
- June 1st - Submit proof of immunity. See Health and Counseling Center website for additional information.
- July 1st - Students who plan to begin studying a new language at DU do not need to take a placement exam and should register for the 1001 level. Students who plan to continue studying a language must take the placement exam prior to July 1st. If students do not complete and submit a placement test for a previously studied language by July 1st, results may not be processed in time for summer registration. This may prevent students from registering for their preferred language class until the beginning of the fall quarter. Please visit the Center for World Languages & Cultures website for the most up-to-date information. There is also a brief math advising tool for all incoming students. This helps our faculty gauge your experience in mathematics and recommend math courses for you to take at DU. The survey consists of 20 algebra questions, and should take around 45 minutes to complete. In order to ensure that you can register for the appropriate math class later in July, the deadline to complete the Math Advising Tool is July 1st.
- July 15th – July 19th – Summer Undergraduate Registration opens. You will receive instructions to view your time ticket and how to register in the spring
- July 22nd - Get your room and roommate assignment (this information will only be available after July 22 and is dependent on registering for your fall course).
- July 31st - Get information on DU technology requirements and place laptop orders through the bookstore by July 31st to ensure that they are available to pick up when you arrive, or make plans to purchase a laptop at a local computer store prior to Discoveries. Visit the New Student Technology Help Guide for additional information and reach out to support.du.edu if you require technology assistance.
- Aug 28th - International student residence hall move-in day.
- Aug 29th - Send registration form for any family members who are planning to attend Discoveries Orientation.
- Aug 30th - Pre-orientation program residence hall move-in day (JETT Program, ELI, 1GenU, Denver Promise, VIP).
- Sept 2nd - Residence hall move-in day.
- Sept 3rd - Sept 8th - Discoveries Orientation. More information can be found on the Discoveries website.
- Sept 9th - Fall classes begin.
- Sept 29th - Accept or waive your health insurance online.
For students starting in the Winter quarter
- Mid-Nov 2018: Academic Advising will be in touch regarding registration.
- Jan 4th: On-campus orientation experience.
- Jan 7th: Winter classes begin.
- Jan 7th: Winter quarter tuition payment due for new students.
For students starting in the Spring quarter
- March 5th - Advising and registration for Spring Quarter 2019 begins.
- April 1st - Spring classes begin.
- April 1st - Spring quarter tuition payment due for new students.
For students starting in the Summer quarter
- Please contact Discoveries Orientation for a mandatory individualized orientation date. Please plan on bringing your laptop to orientation.
- June 17th- Summer classes begin.
2197 S. University Blvd.
Denver, Colorado 80208
M - F 8am - 4:30pm