Event Set-Up & Production Services
Facilities Management works in concert with the Department of Conference & Event Services to facilitate special events, providing Event Set-Up & Production Services on an as-needed basis, per written request. These services are billable.
DU faculty and staff members can find detailed information on event coordination, including a handy planning guide, on the Internal Events page of the Conference & Event Services site.
Services Provided by Facilities Management
- Production consulting
- Large venue conversions
- Room sets
- Stage sets
- Chair sets
- Day-of production assistance (with expedite charge)
- HVAC and temporary electrical set-up
- Irrigation shut-off
- Grounds clean-up and snow removal
- Equipment drop-off and pick-up
Availability of tables, chairs, trash cans, and recycle bins is limited by quantity.
Rental equipment drop-off and pick-up, including labor, is chargeable.
Requests for Event Set-Up & Production Services must be made online through iServiceDesk, the Facilities Management work request system. No fax or voicemail requests will be accepted.Work Request
Operating Policies and Procedures
- The Department of Facilities Management & Planning does not assist with room reservations or space rental, which is handled by the Department of Conference & Event Services. Facilities Management will assist with event set-up and production only after a reservation has been confirmed.
- All requests for Event Set-Up & Production Services must be submitted through iServiceDesk, the Facilities Management work request system, at least seven working days prior to the event.
- We will do our best to accommodate requests made less than seven working days in advance; however, we cannot guarantee the availability of sufficient labor, and the requesting department will be charged double the normal rate.
- Following submission of a work request, Facilities Management will reply with an email confirmation and any questions we may have regarding event details.
- Facilities Management cannot guarantee the security of provided items after set-up is complete. This means requestors are responsible for their security until they are picked up post-event. Replacement costs for any lost or stolen items will be charged to the requesting department.
- Facilities Management will detail event set-up in accordance with the work request, including digital photos of the set. Additional fees may be incurred for resetting an event if items become displaced following the initial set-up.
- In order to regulate workflow and control costs, Facilities Management will take direction from only one duly authorized University employee, appointed as the event manager.
- Any alteration to the facility or grounds by or on behalf of an outside entity must be approved in advance of the event.
- Work requests must specify all relevant event details necessary for Facilities Management to provide adequate services. See the list below for details.
Work Request Requirements
All work requests for Event Set-Up & Production Services should include the following information:
- Contact name, department, and phone number
- Event date and start time
- Event location, including building and room number
- Services requested, including any labor support, equipment, power, water, etc.
- Pre-event venue availability and the specific time the event should be set up
- Post-event venue availability and the deadline for clearing the event space
- Any necessary set-up diagrams attached to the work request