Board of Trustees Approves Bonuses to be Allocated in Mid-December
Dear DU community members,
I am pleased to share that the Board of Trustees has chosen to honor and celebrate all that you have accomplished this past fiscal year by approving a bonus for nearly all faculty and staff employed on or before April 1, 2022—and to further acknowledge those employees who have performed at the very highest levels this year.
Your tenacious support of our students, campus and local community has resulted in strengthened opportunities for all to learn, thrive and connect at DU. Our entire leadership team is incredibly proud of what you have been able to achieve in support of a true 4D experience for students and fellow employees.
Over the next month or so, bonus amounts will be determined by unit leaders, based upon performance assessments from this past spring. Each employee will receive their determined bonus in mid-December.
Here are some reasons why a staff member might receive an additional high-performance award:
• High evaluation outcome in spring 2022
• High performer who delivers excellent results in all aspects of their job
• Consistently dependable and high-quality work
• Positive attitude with strong results
• Strong DU citizen who goes above and beyond to support one or more of the five-strategic imperatives
• Recognized regionally and/or nationally as a thought leader in their field of work. This could be through being recognized with an award or being asked to speak at a conference or meeting
Here are some reasons why a faculty member might receive a high-performance award:
• Exceptional research, scholarship, or creative work as evidenced by quality publications, performances, installations, or other work
• Exceptional teaching and/or mentorship as evidenced by peer, student, and self-evaluations of teaching quality, exceptional commitment to and consistent evidence of effective mentoring of colleagues and/or students
• Exceptional service or administrative work for the institution and/or the public work/profession or discipline, as evidenced by quality service work or participation in community outreach or regional and national committees
• Recognized regionally and/or nationally as a thought leader in their field of work. This could be through an award or speaking at a conference or being asked to give a public address at a meeting or community organization
It is wonderful to be able to thank, celebrate and recognize the incredible work of DU’s faculty and staff in this way. Thank you for your enduring commitment to the DU 4D Experience, our students’ success and our community.