Introducing the Class of 2025
In just over two months, the Class of 2025 will descend upon the University of Denver campus. The residence halls will return to full capacity as approximately 1,650 first-year students come to DU from around the world.
The staff and admission counselors from Undergraduate Admission have worked diligently over the past year to evaluate applications from more than 22,000 prospective students, spending several months evaluating each applicant to ensure that DU admits the right mix of students.
Here are some of the characteristics of this fall’s incoming class:
- The class has an average high school GPA of 3.71, ACT score of 29.14 and SAT score of 1286.
- 57% applied via DU’s test-optional process, the second year DU has offered this possibility. This represents a 34% increase over last year due in large part to test cancelations because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 70% of students are coming from outside of Colorado, and all 50 states are represented.
- Students will be coming from 41 different countries.
- 28% are students of color.
- First-generation students will account for 16% of the incoming class.
- The class includes 11 Boettcher Scholars and 11 Daniels Fund recipients.
- About 170 transfer students will start at DU this fall.