New Class Moving in to DU
Tuesday, Sept. 6, is move-in day for first-year students at the University of Denver. More than 1,400 students make up the class of 2020, and they were selected from a pool of 20,325 applicants.
A majority of the incoming class is traveling more than 500 miles to come to DU. Students in the class hail from 898 different high schools from around the globe, and 66 percent of them are from out of state, representing 48 states and 20 different countries.
- 34 percent are from Colorado
- 16 percent are from the West
- 18 percent are from the Midwest
- 13 percent are from the Northeast
- 6 percent are from the Southeast
- 7 percent are from the Southwest
- 6 percent are international
First-generation college students — the first in their family to attend college — make up 17 percent of the class of 2020, while 12 percent are legacy students who have had a sibling or parent attend DU before them.
In addition to the first-year students arriving on campus, DU is welcoming about 160 transfer students for the fall quarter.