Preparing for the Class of 2024
In just two months, we will welcome the new class of approximately 1,460 first-year students to the University of Denver — the Class of 2024.
The staff and admission counselors from Undergraduate Admission have worked diligently over the past year to evaluate applications from more than 22,000 prospective students. Several months are then spent evaluating all applicants to ensure that DU is admitting the right mix of students.
Here are some characteristics of this fall’s incoming class:
- The class has an average high school GPA of 3.72, ACT score of 29 and SAT score of 1263.
- 23% applied test-optional during DU’s first year offering this type of application process.
- 71% of students are coming from outside of Colorado, and they represent 48 states and the District of Columbia.
- Students will be coming from 32 different countries.
- 26% are students of color.
- 16% are first-generation students.
- The class includes five Boettcher Scholars, 14 Daniels Fund and 42 Denver Scholarship Foundation recipients.
- Approximately 150 transfer students will start at DU this fall.