Social Options This Weekend
Many of you expressed how helpful last week’s message was about events taking place in and around campus. As we near mid quarter, I hope you will continue to take time for yourself and connect with friends.
Here is a quick snapshot of some activities taking place this weekend:
- Sukkot with Hillel - 10/9/20 - 6pm
- BSA Presents: Spill the Tea - 10/9/20 - 6:30pm
- Board Game Club Presents: Virtual Game Night - 10/9/20 - 7:00pm
- DUPB Presents: u got games on ur phone? - 10/9/20 - 7:30pm
- DU Dialogues Presents: Facilitator Training - 10/10/20 - 9:30am
- DU Drama Ensemble: Mentor/Mentee Trivia Night - 10/10/20 - 7:00pm
- Farmer's Market Bike Ride - 10/11/20 - 10:00am
Great weather is forecasted for the next few days, presenting a great opportunity to get active and into the great Colorado outdoors! Whether you decide to go for a bike ride, hang out at a nearby park, or climb a 14er.
If you’re looking to get out and explore the greater Denver area, check out these options:
- Botanical Gardens Corn Maze - open 9/18/20 - 10/31/20
- Denver Beer Week - 10/9/20 - 10/17/20
- Hispanic Heritage Month: Free Day @ Museo de las Americas - 10/10/20
- Introduction to Meditation - 10/10/20 - 5pm
- Prairie Harvest Fest - 10/10/20 - 1:30pm
Lastly, with the general election approaching, you may be interested to know that the University will have a mobile voter service and polling center on October 19 and 20 outside of Driscoll (during business hours), operated by the city's Elections Division.
In addition, a temporary ballot drop off location will be in place from October 26 through November 3 at Driscoll and the Joy Burns Center. Hours vary, and the site will be open on Saturdays during this period. In addition, it will be open from 7am to 7pm on election day. Look for the tent that will be staffed by election volunteers. This ballot drop-box is for Denver County ballots only! More information will be coming in a community message on Monday.
As always, whether on or off campus, my colleagues in Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence and I are here to support you.
Take care of yourself, and each other, and have a wonderful weekend.
Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs