Electronic Security Systems & Technology
We are responsible for managing building access, supporting Access Coordinators, and addressing hardware and software problems through Service Now tickets.
C-Cure Card Access & Coordinators
C-Cure cards, also known as Pioneer ID cards, serve as your official identification while attending DU and enable high-security building access after regular business hours. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Campus Access Protocol requires that you access exterior doors with your C-Cure card, which helps us monitor and limit traffic inside campus buildings. Door access technology is included in the card design and works with either a contactless reader or a magnetic stripe reader.
Access Coordinators manage door access for special activities outside normal operations, authorize individual access and notify our department when service/maintenance is required for the access control system.
If your C-Cure card is not working:
- Please stop by the Pioneer ID Card Office to have your ID card verified as working. If it checks out, contact your Access Coordinator. Your Access Coordinator will verify you have the proper access.
- If you still are having difficulties, you will need to create a Service Now ticket, and our support team will further investigate and resolve the problem.
When a Service Now ticket is created, we will work to respond to the issues within 24 hours. You may submit a Service Now ticket for:
- Software Problems - Cannot Login to C-Cure, software not working/responding
- Hardware Problems - Door strike, card reader, Request to exit, etc. is broken/damaged/malfunctioning
- Software Support - Need to know how to perform a task/function, need to request additional access/permissions