Division of Campus Safety (DCS)
In a crisis or emergency situation, call 911 and 303-871-3000.
We are advocators and enforcers of a healthy and safe educational, professional and residential University of Denver (DU) community. Our Division logs over 13,000 calls for service and 62,000 computer-aided dispatch events every year, writing approximately 1,000 reports annually.
We take your safety seriously, preventing and preparing for emergencies and crime while providing training and outreach services, comprehensive resources and reporting options. We foster a culture of trust with personable, timely service and transparent information on the challenges our campus faces.
Silent Witness: Report an Incident
You can report a crime or Honor Code violation to us at any time by calling 303-871-2334. An officer will be sent to your location to take your report.
If you would like to confidentially provide us with information about a crime or suspected crime, you may call our anonymous tip line at 303-871-3130 or fill out our Silent Witness form. Please leave as much information as possible so that we may investigate the incident.
To anonymously report a sexual assault, please contact either The Health and Counseling Center or the Center for Advocacy, Prevention and Empowerment. To formally report a sexual assault, contact DCS.
- Assigned for Investigation/Status Pending - The case is open/active and has been determined to require additional investigation. Solvability factor(s) have been identified. Investigations may be completed by the Division of Campus Safety, the Denver Police Department or collaboratively by both agencies.
- Cleared by Arrest/Citation - The case was reviewed and cleared as the result of suspect(s) being identified and arrested or issued a citation by the Denver Police Department. Reports with this disposition naming student suspect(s) will be referred to the University of Denver, Office of Citizenship and Community Standards for review and disposition as well.
- Cleared by Referral - The case was reviewed and considered effectively cleared by the act of referring it to a University of Denver department or administrator for further/final action or disposition.
- Cleared by Referral/Not DU - The case was reviewed and considered effectively cleared by the act of referring it to a non-University entity or authority other than the Denver Police Department for further/final action or disposition.
- Exceptionally Cleared - The case was reviewed and/or investigated and deemed cleared due to exceptional circumstances and/or at the discretion of the investigator or other Division of Campus Safety administrator.
- Inactive/Not Cleared - The case was assigned for investigation then closed/inactivated by the investigator at the conclusion of their investigation. Cases may be reactivated at any time in the event new information becomes available.
- No Further Action Required - This case requires no further action either because it did not involve the commission of a crime.
- Unfounded Reports - During the investigation of this case, law enforcement deemed it as unfounded due to information they received or discovered.
Explore our services for help navigating threats to your safety and reducing crime on campus.
Prepare for and help prevent disaster with our Office of Emergency Preparedness and Fire Safety.
Statistics, Directives & Research
Join us in working toward an informed campus community and read our stances on the challenges we face.
Browse through our Division, University, Local, State and National resource collection.
Who We Are
Meet our Division of highly trained individuals who work to protect the life, safety and property of the DU Community.