COVID Update: Returning to Work On-Campus Protocols
Dear DU faculty and staff,
As Chancellor Haefner shared last week, faculty and staff who have been working remotely are expected to begin returning to campus over the summer in advance of our anticipated full return for the fall term. We look forward to welcoming new and returning community members to campus in the coming weeks.
Details about the changes in protocols and what you need to do before returning to campus for work are available on the DU Your Part website. I will also share a brief checklist below.
Fully Vaccinated Individuals
- As soon as possible (at minimum, one week before your expected first day back on campus), upload your proof of vaccination card to MyHealth, found on the Health and Counseling Center website. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after your final dose. Please plan accordingly.
- Receive a negative COVID-19 test result on or before your first day back on campus at the on-campus testing locations, which are accessible to individuals with or without campus clearance. Saliva-based PCR testing is available without an appointment. Uploaded records of negative nasal swab PCR tests from outside providers will also be accepted.
- You can resume on-campus work and activities once your campus access status reads ‘Cleared’ on PioneerWeb. Allow a few days after submitting your negative test and proof of vaccination.
- Continue to monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms; if you have symptoms, promptly test.
Not Fully Vaccinated or Unvaccinated Individuals
- Indicate the date you intend to return to campus through the COVID-19 Vaccination Portal on PioneerWeb.
- Please plan to be vaccinated and upload your vaccine record before your planned start date. Until full vaccination (two weeks following your final dose), please follow all requirements for not fully vaccinated individuals. If you would like to request a COVID-19 vaccine exemption, as soon as possible (at minimum, one week before your expected first day back on campus), upload your vaccination exemption request to MyHealth, found on the Health and Counseling Center website.
- Within 48 hours before your expected first day back, receive a negative PCR COVID-19 test result at the on-campus testing locations, which are accessible to individuals with or without campus clearance. Saliva-based PCR testing is available without an appointment. Uploaded records of negative nasal swab PCR tests from outside providers will also be accepted.
- Quarantine for seven days, logging daily on the quarantine log on PioneerWeb.
- You are required to continue to wear a mask on campus and suggested to maintain social distancing wherever feasible.
- Continue to monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms and complete the daily log on the Symptom Daily Tracker on Pioneerweb. Everbridge may still be used through the middle of August for symptom tracking if you prefer.
Not required for summer or fall 2021 entry
- The Pathway Back to Campus Canvas course
- Flu vaccination for summer or fall entry; when new flu vaccines become available, we anticipate a flu vaccine requirement.
- Electronic contract tracing or symptom monitoring via the Everbridge application
As we return to campus, note that individual and unit return timelines will vary. Please consult with your supervisor, dean or division lead for more information about your return timeline so you may plan to complete the above steps accordingly.
As always, please reach out to the COVID team at COVIDcoordinator@du.edu or 303-656-7137 with questions. We look forward to seeing you!