Interested in connecting with one of our many experts? The University of Denver has experts focusing on concussion research in athletes, to cybersecurity, to Dead Sea scrolls and more. Call or email the DU Media Relations Team to schedule an interview.
- [email protected]
If you’re coming to campus, please call the DU Media Relations Hotline at 720-608-0240 to inform us of your visit. Without approval from the Media Relations Team, media coming to campus may be asked to leave by Campus Safety.
Please call the DU Media Relations Hotline at 720-608-0240 to obtain a parking code. Codes are valid in paid parking lots only.
- Founded in 1864, only six years after the city of Denver in what was then the Colorado territory
- Nickname: Pioneers
- Tagline: “A private university dedicated to the public good”
- Currently enrolls 12,000 students, with an equal number of graduate and undergraduate students.
- Average class size: 22 students, student-faculty ratio of 11:1
- Has 10 schools and colleges and offers more than 100 undergraduate degree programs
- 17 varsity sports in NCAA Division 1 (Men’s basketball, golf, ice hockey, lacrosse, skiing, soccer, swimming and diving, tennis; Women’s basketball, golf, gymnastics, lacrosse, skiing, soccer, swimming and diving, tennis, volleyball)
- DU athletic teams have won 33 NCAA championships, including 8 national ice hockey titles and 24 skiing titles, the most of any university.
- 35% of students are from Colorado
- Currently led by Chancellor Rebecca Chopp, who joined the University in 2014 as its first female chancellor
- DU is home to students and faculty from over 90 countries.
- DU is Colorado’s oldest university, and the oldest independent higher education institution in the Rocky Mountain West
- First female graduate earned her degree in 1886
- DU is the #4 school in the nation for the percentage of students who study abroad--70%. They can choose from 150 program sites in 55 countries
- Famous alumni include Condoleezza Rice, Michelle Kwan, George W. Casey Jr., Mohammad Javad Zarif, Roger Birnbaum, Peter Coors, Sinbad and Gregg Popovich.
- DU’s campus is designated as an arboretum and is home to 2100 trees representing nearly 300 species and varieties.