Update on DU's web overhaul project for January 2021
The new year has already seen new developments and fast momentum, which we anticipate will set the tone for the remaining web migration/overhaul project. We have begun onboarding efforts with our new web creative agency Fastspot. Discovery sessions with individual units will commence the week of January 25 in order to quickly map out a migration/launch plan and timeline to achieve web consistency on Drupal throughout the ecosystem by summer.
Accomplishments since last month’s communication:
- Signed two contracts—with Fastspot and Rehab Creative—to enhance support of the overall web content/user experience and development/maintenance needs through the migration process.
- Launched 61 websites since September 2018, including 6 additional sites launched in December and January.
- Completed a backlog of 59 urgent/high priority development bug fixes to ensure proper web functioning. There is only one high priority web development ticket in the backlog queue remaining to be completed. Web development tickets/bug fixes is a reality of our ecosystem, but a long backlog of tickets is not an operational state that will continue.
- Web Managed Updates to monitor security is now in operation.
- Twice convened a Web Governance Group, co-chaired by MarComm and IT. Meetings are bi-weekly.