We support the development of institutional surveys to learn about members of the DU community and the effectiveness of the programs that serve them. We also coordinate the scheduling of surveys across campus to avoid over-surveying constituents.
For more information about survey research, please contact:
- Katia Miller: 303-871-3474
The Office of the Provost requires our office to review all institutional surveys except those used for event registration and academic assessment in order to:
- Maintain compliance with legal and ethical guidelines for survey research
- Ensure the collection of statistically valid and reliable data
- Minimize the burden placed on campus constituents
Surveys that will be used to collect information for research must also be reviewed by the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Access to Campus Constituents
Faculty and staff may only survey campus constituents in support of institutional goals and operations. Campus constituents include:
- Current and prospective students
- Faculty and staff
- Alumni and friends of the University
For more information, please review the University's policy on access to campus constituents.