Open Enrollment updates; Town hall tomorrow
Dear DU benefitted employees,
I am writing to share important updates about Open Enrollment for benefits selection, which begins in May.
- All benefitted employees MUST actively participate in this year’s Open Enrollment, which runs from May 10-28. Benefitted employees will be invited to select from one of several Cigna health insurance plans or decline coverage, but an option must be selected by the end of the enrollment period.
- All elections will become effective July 1, 2021, and continue through June 30, 2022.
- During Open Enrollment, benefitted employees will login to PioneerWeb. It is helpful to verify you have access to PioneerWeb prior to Open Enrollment. If you find that you cannot log in or do not recall your password, please use the “forgot your password” link in the top left corner of the login screen.
- This year, all benefitted employees will be required to provide dependent verification documentation, such as a birth certificate or marriage license. Please take time to locate this documentation now, prior to Open Enrollment.
- We have added quite a few questions and answers to our website FAQ based on questions that were posed during the town hall meetings thus far. We will continue to add questions and answers to this online resource and encourage you to check back often prior to the beginning of the enrollment period.
- If you feel you would like in-person support from HRIC during Open Enrollment, please arrange to be cleared to return to campus by following the Protocols for Campus Access.
Monthly Employee Contribution Amounts: The newly loaded table on the website shows the employee contributions for the medical, dental and vision plans. Your portion of the cost(s) will be deducted from your paycheck on a pre-tax basis. The part of the premiums paid by employees for civil union or domestic partner coverage will be withheld on a post-tax basis. The University portion of the premium paid for a civil union or domestic partner will be added to your earnings as taxable income.
Cigna One Guide Hotline (888-806-5042): Employees have immediate access to the Cigna One Guide Service to get personalized, useful guidance. Cigna One Guides will help employees understand coverage, find the plans available, check for in-network doctors and answer other questions employees may have before, during and after the enrollment period. The Cigna One Guide Service is available starting today by calling 888-806-5042.
HRIC Communication and Support During Open Enrollment: To best support employees through this transition, during Open Enrollment, HRIC will communicate with benefitted employees daily. Starting May 10, employees who have not completed the process will receive an email reminder from HRIC. The email reminders will continue until May 28, the end of the enrollment window. Added support opportunities will be communicated in the coming weeks, prior to the start of Open Enrollment. In the interim, I invite you to explore the resources on our website, watch the town hall recordings, review upcoming town hall meeting dates (including a recently added meeting to discuss plan options on April 27) and ask questions via the website form.
Benefit plan options town hall
Tuesday, April 27
Join via Zoom with passcode 452924
Interim Vice Chancellor for Human Resources