We are home to a lively global culture, with over 1,400 international students from more than 90 countries. We support our international graduate students with English language learning services, our dedicated international student office that can help you find housing in America and social events so you can make friends on campus.
Our graduate student body is engaged with the global community, and many of our students travel overseas for international graduate programs and summer faculty-led trips. We are also ranked second in the country for the number of Peace Corps volunteers our graduate programs produce each year.
Meet Some of Our International Students
Meet Ali Mollahosseini
As part of his PhD project, Ali Mollahosseini aims to develop use of socially assistive robots for natural and robust emotive interaction and intervention with humans. He’s also a data scientist at Twitter.
Heart Valve Engineering
Since he joined the DU Cardiovascular Biomechanics Lab in 2014, Mostafa Abbasi focused his research on design optimization of transcatheter heart valves to improve their structural and themodynamic performance.
Moving to America: How We Can Help
We have processes and support teams to help you…
- Easily apply to our graduate programs: Work with our admissions counselors through each step of the process.
- Complete your immigration process: Talk with our team at International Student & Scholar Services about how to fill out and submit your paperwork.
- Find a place to live: We do not provide graduate student housing, but we can help you with your apartment search locally.
- Begin your studies and fund your research: Our English Language Center provides courses to improve your English skills, and our Office of Graduate Studies can direct you to the University's research resources.
Meet Karambu Ringera
Karambu Ringera came to us from Meru, Kenya, to work on her PhD in human communication studies. While she studied with us, Ringera created an organization that supports orphans and street children in Tanzania, raising money to send 1,000 children to school.
Today, she works with rural Nigerian communities to rethink their food production. Her goal is to help these communities feed themselves so they don't have to rely on outside food sources.
Office of International Student & Scholar Services
Our Office of International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) is a dedicated resource for international students. ISSS will provide information and services to help you with immigration, transportation, housing and more.
Career & Professional Development
No matter where you choose to go or what you plan to do, DU Career & Professional Development can help position you for success after graduation.
- Find on- and off-campus internships
- Connect with employers
- Practice interviewing
- Get resume and CV writing tips
A Global City by the Mountains
In Denver, you will find all the conveniences of a global city: shopping, music, theater and restaurants from around the world. We are also just a short drive from the Rocky Mountains, with some of the most beautiful hiking, climbing and scenery in the country.