Skip navigation

Shared Services Center

link to knowledge base

Browse the SSC knowledge base


For information, support requests and step-by-step instructions.

Login Now


New Employees

Welcome to the University of Denver! We're glad you are here. This page is designed to help you through the first week of your employment.

Note- all links will require login to view

First Week Action Items
  • Attend New Employee Orientation .(Orientation is managed by the Department of Human Resources and Inclusive Community )
  • Get your  Pioneer ID card from the Pioneer ID card office.
  • After a successful background check has been completed and the new employee has been hired, new employees will need to:
    • Complete Page 1, Section 1 of their I-9 by their first day of work. Due to COVID-19, all I-9 forms must be completed remotely. Each new employee will receive an e-mail from the Employment Specialist that contains detailed instructions on how to complete the form, a reference guide, the list of acceptable documents, and a blank I-9 form. If they have not received this e-mail, they can start a new support ticket and request that the e-mail be resent.
    • New hires will need to have an Authorized Representative complete Page 2, Section 2 of the form. This representative will: R
      • Review that section 1 is completed, inspect the employee's appropriate I-9 documentation, and complete Page 2, Section 2.
      • This must be completed no later than the 3rd day of employment. No extensions will be granted. Please see the list of acceptable I-9 documents, per the U.S. government, here: Form I-9 Acceptable Documents.

**Please note that the Department of Homeland Security is temporarily permitting Family/Household members to act as a "person of trust" to complete Section 2 of the I-9 form.

Once the form is completed, the new hire will need to email it with copies of their supporting documentation to the Employment Specialist to verify employment. All forms filled out incorrectly, will be sent back for revision. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact

  • Login to PioneerWeb . Your initial login information is your DU ID number (found on your DU ID card) and your date of birth in the 8 digit (MMDDYYYY) format. While you are logged in, you can take care of the following action items:
    • From the Employee tab, along the right under Administrative Processes > Employment Actions > Orientation/Onboarding, you will find the New Hire Checklist & New Hire Learning Activities Checklist produced by the Department of Human Resources and Inclusive Community. Review these with your supervisor.
    1. Enroll in direct deposit for your payroll checks.
    2. Complete your W-4 to ensure that payroll taxes are withheld appropriately. 
  • Benefited employees should complete and turn in benefits enrollment forms which they received in New Employee Orientation.
  • Login to the Shared Services Knowledge Base . This is where you will find answers to most of your questions along with our support ticket form where you can get help from a Shared Services Specialist. 
Information for International Employees (students, post-docs, and visiting professors)

Prior to receiving your first paycheck from the University, international employees should contact Payroll Services (303-871-2914) to schedule an appointment to determine your tax residency for employment tax purposes.

If you do not already have a Social Security card you must apply for one prior to your appointment. Information regarding this process can be found on the International Student and Scholar Services website.

We're here to help

Browse our knowledge base for help with frequently asked questions or
submit a request with a Shared Services Specialist
(Login required for employees)

Contact Us
Phone: 303–871-7420
Fax: 303–871-2143
M - F 8am - 4:30pm