Checking Your Status
Regularly checking your financial aid status is a critical step in ensuring you receive your financial aid in a timely manner. You can manage all aspects of your financial aid and stay on top of your status online.
- 7-10 days for DU to receive your FAFSA and/or CSS Profile
- 1-3 days for your student record to reflect submitted documents
- 2-3 days for your student record to reflect completed loan requirements
- 3-5 days for a Parent PLUS or private loan to appear on your student record after you apply
Checking Your Status
Depending on where you are in the application process, you'll use different tools to check your financial aid status.
Your application status page is the best way to view your checklist and submit documents to our office:
- Go to www.du.edu/appstatus and log in.
- Click the "Financial Aid" box to view your checklist and missing items.
- Browse to the file you'd like to upload next to each checklist item.
- Click Submit.
Please allow up to 4 business days for your checklist to be updated and for documents to show as "Received."
For more details, watch our how-to video.
The first time you log in, you will need to enter the temporary PIN that was sent to you via email after you submitted your admission application (the subject line will include "we've received your application"). If you've forgotten your password, click on the "Forgot your password?" link or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View your requirements and upload documents through MyDU:
- Log into MyDU and review the "Financial Aid Checklist" widget on your dashboard.
- Click on the "View and Submit Requirements" button.
- Select an aid year from the drop-down menu.
- Click on "Upload" next to the unsatisfied requirement.
- Click "Choose File" and browse to the file you wish to upload.
- Click the "Upload" button.
- Click "Submit."
Please allow two business days for the status of your document to reflect "pending" or "satisfied."
Frequently Asked Questions
I forgot my login information. How do I sign in?
If you haven't deposited or have been admitted to DU, go to www.du.edu/appstatus and log in with your email address and password. The first time you login, you will need to enter the temporary pin that was sent to you via email after you submitted your admission application (the subject line will include "we've received your application"). If you've forgotten your password, click on the "Forgot your password?" link or send an email to email@example.com.
If you've deposited to DU, you'll log in to MyDU. The first time you login, your password will be your 6-digit birthday in the MMDDYY format. If you've forgotten your password, click on the "Forgot your password?" link or contact the DU IT Help Desk at 303-871-4700 to have them reset it for you.
I submitted everything for my application. When will I receive a financial aid offer?
If you complete your financial aid application by the priority deadline and are admitted to the University of Denver, you can expect to receive your aid offer via email soon after your admission decision. A packet of information will also be mailed to you. The timeline for receiving your offer will depend on when you applied for admission:
- Early Decision I Applicants: Early December
- Early Action Applicants: Late December - Late January
- Early Decision II Applicants: Mid-February
- Regular Decision Applicants: Late February - Late March
If you're a transfer student and have completed the financial aid application process, we'll send you a financial aid offer 2-3 weeks after being admitted to DU.
If you're a current DU student and have completed all application requirements, you can expect to receive your financial aid offer via email in mid-June.
How can I make sure I get my financial aid funds on time?
Once you've accepted your financial aid, there may be additional requirements you need to complete before your aid can pay into your student account. To see if there are unsatisfied requirements, review the Financial Aid Checklist widget on the dashboard of MyDU.
When will I receive financial aid funds?
Provided all requirements are satisfied, your financial aid will disburse to your DU student account 10 days prior to the start of every term. Refunds are then generated by the Bursar's Office 2-3 days after disbursement.
2197 S. University Blvd.
Denver, Colorado 80210
M, T, W, F: 8am-4:00pm
FAFSA Code: 001371
CSS Profile Code: 4842