Steps to Check Your Status
Regularly checking your financial aid status is a critical step in ensuring you receive your financial aid in a timely manner. You can manage all aspects of your financial aid and stay on top of your application and award status online. You may have additional requirements after your aid offer is accepted.
To view requirements and upload documents:
- Log into MyDU and review the "Financial Aid Checklist" widget on your dashboard.
- Click on the "View and Submit Requirements" button.
- Select an aid year from the drop-down menu.
- Click on "Upload" next to the unsatisfied requirement.
- Click "Choose File" and browse to the file you wish to upload.
- Click the "Upload" button.
- Click "Submit."
Please allow two business days for the status of your document to reflect "pending" or "satisfied."
- 7-10 days for DU to receive your FAFSA
- 1-3 days for your student record to reflect submitted documents
- 2-3 days for your student record to reflect completed loan requirements
- 3-5 days for a Graduate PLUS or private loan to appear on your student record after you apply
Frequently Asked Questions
I forgot my MyDU login information. How do I sign in?
The first time you sign into MyDU, your password will be your six-digit birthday in the MMDDYY format. If you can't remember your password, click on the "Forgot your password?" link or contact the DU IT Help Desk at 303-871-4700 to have them reset it for you.
When will I receive financial aid funds?
Provided all requirements are satisfied, your financial aid will disburse to your DU student account 10 days prior to the start of every term. Refunds are then generated by the Bursar's Office two to three days after disbursement.
2197 S. University Blvd.
Denver, Colorado 80210
M, T, W, F: 8am-4:00pm
FAFSA Code: 001371
CSS Profile Code: 4842