Skip navigation

Office of the Registrar

GI BILL- Veterans Education Benefits

We here at the Office of the Registrar can assist you with all your GI Bill education benefits inquiries and we also do all the reporting (certifications) with the Department of Veterans Affairs.

 To check on your eligibility to apply for any of these benefits please review the following VONAPP website:

For all qualified Veterans/Service Members here is the link to apply for your VA education benefits

For all qualified Dependents of a Veteran/Service Member here is the link to apply for your VA education benefits

If you are a veteran who has previously received education benefits and you need to declare a new degree program at the University of Denver, please complete a 22-1995 (PDF).

POST 9-11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)

Effective August 1, 2018, the VA's tuition and fees are capped at $23,671.94 annually at the 100% eligibility rate. The yellow ribbon program is available to all GI BILL Chapter 33 100% benefited at University of Denver for an unlimited number of yellow ribbon eligible veterans at a cap of $5,000 for graduates and undergraduates, graduate business eligible veterans have an unlimited yellow ribbon award, and graduate professional psychology veterans $5,500 annually. Chapter 33 students may be eligible for a monthly housing allowance based on the basic allowance for housing for an E-5 with dependents at the location of the school. The veteran also receives an annual book and supplies stipend of $1000 based on enrollment at the 100% eligibility tier.

For more information on calculating your benefits please visit the following GI BILL Comparison Tool/ Calculate your benefits website:

Transfer of Post 9-11 GI Bill Benefits to Dependents

For the first time in history, service members enrolled in the Post-9/11 GI Bill program will be able to transfer unused educational benefits to their spouses or children. For more information, please visit:

University of Denver Institution Policy on Recruiting, Marketing, and Advertising

All active-duty Service members using tuition assistance from the military should first speak to their Educational Services Officer (ES) or educational counselor within their Military Service prior to enrolling as a student at the University of Denver.

DU Policy on Recruiting Marketing and Advertising


You are responsible for notifying the School Certifying Official at the University of Denver (Michelle Fryer 303-871-4878 or within 72 hours if any of the following changes are made:

-Increase or decrease in hours
-Withdrawal from class
-Complete withdrawal from the University
-Change of Address
-Incompletes received instead of grades

A reduction in your course load may result in a retroactive reduction in benefits and a debt to the VA. You will be responsible for paying back any and all debts to the Veteran’s Administration if an overpayment is made.